BUYING ADMIN ASSISTANT - (FULL-TIME)
SIGMA SPORTS HEAD OFFICE - HAMPTON WICK, SURREY
Here at Sigma Sports, we live and breathe road cycling and triathlon and love sharing our passion with customers around the world.
Over the last 25 years, Sigma Sports has established itself as a premium retailer within the Road Cycling and Triathlon industry with a passion for sourcing quality products and providing excellent levels of customer service.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Purchasing Assistant to join our growing team. This role is a great opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in purchasing to learn their profession in a supportive team environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
As part of a dynamic and expanding purchasing team, you’ll be working directly with some of the world’s leading cycling brands to source a range of products that meet the needs of our passionate and enthusiastic customers. This diverse position plays a critical role in the day to day operation of Sigma Sports, with the opportunity for the right person to develop their purchasing skills and experience. Some of the day to tasks you’ll be involved with include:
- Providing daily administrative support to the buying team
- Managing the company product database
- Managing product price changes and life cycles
- Daily contact with suppliers and use of various B2B systems to place orders
- New product upload to support new product ranges entering the business
- Purchase order management
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience within an administrative position
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and G Suite
- Experience within the cycle industry, although an advantage, is not essential. A love of all things cycling is vital
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Confident using and manipulating spreadsheets
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work under own iniative
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and can be amended at the discretion of senior management, with changes being communicated to you in a timely manner.
This is a permanent full-time position. Contracted hours are 41.25 hours, over five days currently Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This role is based in our Hampton Wick Head Office with the possibility of working remotely for up to two days a week after initial training.
£19,000- £21,000 per annum. Salary offered commensurate with skills, experience and or qualifications.
HOLIDAYS AND BENEFITS
28 days in the first 5 years rising to a maximum of 5 extra days with service. Generous staff discounts after probation period and Ride to Work Scheme (via salary sacrifice).
If you would like to apply for this position please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Get social with Sigma Sports