Sigma Sports is the country's leading Cycling and Triathlon retailer and we are looking for a data-driven and analytical individual to join our growing Data and Analytics department as a Data Analyst. Reporting to the Head of Data, you’ll be joining us on the journey to becoming the leading Data Analysis department in the Cycling Industry. You will be motivated to generate new insights to help grow our business and develop the team's competitive advantage.
We’re looking for someone who wants that next step to build a career in data analytics and is looking for a varied role, allowing you to explore all areas of a fast-growing digital-first business.
- Analysing key data flows, processes and business events
- Monitoring data ingestion into BigQuery using Fivetran
- Maintaining SQL data pipelines to clean, transform and present data in BigQuery using Google Dataflow and dbt (data build tool)
- Identifying key data insights (both predictive and reactive) that will help the business unlock value across a range of departments
- Working with stakeholders to wireframe dashboards to present insights in a compelling way
- Designing and building feature-rich dashboards using Google Data Studio
- Managing your workload and handling dynamic reporting and analytics requests with the help of monday.com
- Ideally educated to degree level, you’ll be looking to build a career in data analytics and keen to gain an understanding of the cycling market and the internal working of a retail business
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and organisation skills
- Excellent computer skills to be able to manipulate data in insightful ways
- A curiosity and eagerness to learn data analytics technologies and best practices
- Keen to engage with our staff members both digitally and face to face
- Comfortable working with a team remotely, self-motivated and collaborative
- Want to work as part of a fast-moving organisation striving for growth
- Motivated to provide new insights to help grow our business and provide the team with a competitive advantage
- Ideally, you love cycling, running or triathlon but this is not a requirement for the role
This is a permanent full-time role based at our Head Office in Hampton Wick (working remotely during the pandemic) but may involve flexibility to travel in the future should our activities require it. Contracted hours are 41.25 between Monday and Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays). Increase in holiday allowance to 33 days with length of service.
Competitive salary with a range between £25,000-£35,000 pa, commensurate with skills, qualifications and or experience.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Industry-leading staff discount scheme from the best brands
- Secure indoor bike storage plus changing facilities and showers
- Exclusive access to industry-only events and trips
- Sigma Sports cycling kit after a successful probation period
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please email an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining why you’re suitable for the position to email@example.com.