From local bike shop to online retailer, Sigma Sports aim is simple, to encourage people onto road bikes and enjoy the sport at the heart of the business. We operate from the flagship store at 37-43 Hampton Wick, with a strong online presence to not only sell but inform and educate. We now cater for cyclists of all levels and abilities. Running social rides, a state-of-the-art workshop, bike fitting sessions, mechanics courses and providing the opportunity to experience products first hand, at competitive prices, we're keen to remain an established hub for cycling in South West London. We pride ourselves that our staff are passionate about the sport and are keen to share that passion, this creates a common sense of purpose for all.
As part of a dynamic and expanding Finance and Purchasing teams, you’ll be working directly with some of the world’s leading cycling brand. This diverse position plays a critical role in the day to day operation of Sigma Sports, with the opportunity for the right person to develop their administrative skills and experience. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working both on their own initiative and as part of a team in order to meet strict deadlines.
You report to:
You work closely with:
Finance Manager and team, Head of Purchasing and team, Warehouse departments, Suppliers
Office at the Grantham Warehouse, Grantham
- Providing daily administrative support to the Finance team
- Managing the company product database
- Managing product price changes and life cycles
- Building relationships and communicating on a daily basis with suppliers
- Purchase order management
- Supporting the Finance team in other ad-hoc finance-related tasks
Your main responsibilities:
- Use of Microsoft and Google packages such as Excel and Gmail to provide administrative support to both buying and finance teams
- New product upload to support new product ranges entering the business
- Purchase order management and invoice reconciliation
- Use of various B2B systems to check order due dates
- Daily contact with suppliers to check the due dates of incoming stock
- Uploading incoming orders into the goods-in schedule
- To provide cover for other Finance Administrators in their absence
You are or will be able to demonstrate the following desirable or essential skills/qualifications or experience:
Essential skills/traits to demonstrate:
- Administration experience in a sales or purchasing role
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient IT skills, with proven ability and experience of working with spreadsheets, using formulas such as SUM, COUNTIF, being familiar with absolute and relative cell referencing, calculations across worksheets and workbooks for example
- Ability to work independently and on your own initiative to meet deadlines
- A love of all things road cycling is vital!
Desirable skills/traits to demonstrate:
- Experience of working within the cycling industry
- Experience with more advanced Excel functions e.g. VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables
Your general responsibilities as part of the Sigma Sports Team:
- Maintain your working area in a clean and professional condition
- Maintain professional standards in both personal appearance and behaviour
- Maintain strict company confidentiality at all times
- Report immediately to the Company, any matter that you believe transgresses either Health & Safety, or other employment regulations
- Report any damage to Company property, howsoever caused, to a member of Management as soon as possible
- Follow all other rules and procedures with regard to attendance and absence reporting as detailed in the Company’s Absence Policy
- Follow all rules and procedures with regard to Health & Safety and the wearing of applicable P.P.E
- You may be required at times to carry out various other duties within your capabilities. If requested to carry out any duty that you feel may be outside your capability you should report this fact to your manager before attempting the task
£16,000 to £18,000 /year
8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
28 days including bank holidays. Increase in holidays to 33 days with length of service.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining how you can demonstrate the essential and desirable criteria (if applicable) and what you feel you can bring to this role. Please note that recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and can be amended at the discretion of senior management, with changes being communicated to you in a timely manner.
Get social with Sigma Sports