RETAIL ENVIRONMENTS DESIGNER
SIGMA SPORTS HEAD OFFICE - HAMPTON WICK, GREATER LONDON
Sigma Sports is a high paced and demanding atmosphere; we need an experienced and passionate designer with a technical eye for detail, a sense of humour, and a taste for challenge. A proactive person ready to hit the ground running on our ambitious programme of retail work. Agile with prioritization of workload and a team player is essential to work as part of our small team. Proven senior-level responsibility of 3D environmental design and implementation, across multiple customer-facing touchpoints, including retail. Understands the vital role of retail communications, marketing and graphics as part of the retail environment. Strong skills in 3D design packages.
The role is to design and deliver retail environments across the Sigma Sports retail estate. Reporting to the Lead Retail Environments Producer to collaboratively execute the planned programme of works in line with the strategic goals of the business. Responsible for creating design concepts and solutions. Presenting and communicating designs to stakeholders in an effective way supported by an experienced point of view and a solid design rationale. Developing technical design drawings to ensure the design intent and details are implemented. Developing relationships with external suppliers to support consistent and cost-effective execution.
Ensure the best retail experience for our customers in line with our retail strategy and business goals. Lead on the design process from brief, through to concept design and development, to production, across:
- Expansion of our estate
- Evolution of our existing formats and sites
- Centralised projects (manuals, guidelines, marketing activation, etc)
Design, develop and execute the store formats and retail environments. Collaborate to ensure our continued success across the expanding retail estate.
DESIGN AND DEVELOP
- Explore and conceptualise design options and solutions in line with the brief
- Presentation to stakeholders with 3D models/visualisations (where relevant)
- Floor planning and layouts for customer journeys and product positioning
- Development of proposed designs and solutions based on stakeholder feedback
- Follow the existing store design principles (where relevant)
- Retail marketing touchpoint design, in line with our retail environment
- Brand/product activation touchpoint design to align with store design principles
- Site-specific adaptation of all retail formats for new stores
- Technical drawings and detailing of design intent for production
- Plans and layouts for design intent of floors, ceilings, lighting etc
- Materials, fixtures and finishes
- Work directly with suppliers to provide the information needed to manufacture and build the designs
- Creation, ownership and management of the retail design and implementation manual for environments
- Creation and shared management of communications and other store implementation manuals, processes and guides
- Use Sigma Sports project management software for project tasks and completion tracking (when relevant)
- Identify and pitch opportunities to help grow our business and improve our retail customer experience
- Capture and write design briefs
- Write and develop retail creative strategy and propositions
- Creative direction/management of external specialist designers (eg communications)
- Ensure creative partners deliver work that fits with our brand and design principles
- Retail marketing and communications plans, processes and templates
- Creative workshop preparation and production
- Planning and resourcing the programme of works
- Design time and implementation budget management
- Omnichannel customer journeys and retail touch-points development
We offer a competitive salary (dependant on experience) and benefits package.
28 days holiday including bank holidays.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get social with Sigma Sports