STOCK CONTROLLER (FULL TIME)
SIGMA SPORTS STORE- HAMPTON WICK, SURREY
Here at Sigma Sports, we live and breathe road cycling and triathlon, and love sharing our passion with customers around the world.
Over the last 25 years, Sigma Sports has established itself as a premium retailer within the Road Cycling and Triathlon industry with a desire for sourcing quality products and providing excellent levels of customer service. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Stock controller to join our growing team in Hampton Wick.
As an integral member of the Stock Control Team, you will be responsible for processing of reserve and collect orders and in delivering the highest levels of stock management at the Hampton Wick store. You will play a key role in identifying challenges to processes and helping to implement solutions to benefit the overall running of the shop. Although you will be based behind the scenes, this is an active role being at the forefront of stock movements in and out of the store.
Previous experience in stock control is not essential but a willingness to learn new skills is, as training will be provided.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- The processing of reserve and collect orders that are in stock and ready for collection involves collecting all necessary stock and reserving to location and contacting the customer once complete.
- Checking through orders or stock that have either been returned or cancelled by customers; this involves checking the quality of the goods, making sure that they are in a sellable condition, that the products match the description/barcode (size, colour, etc..) and moving stock from the reserved/returned location back into the business.
- The processing of all internal replenishments into the store from external sites (Esher, Grantham & Oakham), ensuring stock is unloaded from daily deliveries, then accurately scanned in and processed into correct locations in a timely manner.
- Maintaining excellent levels of housekeeping throughout the store, ensuring all reserve orders are correctly placed in their locations for collection.
YOUR ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the investigation of missing stock within Hampton Wick, through regular structured stock-taking, creating data sheets to aid in the logging of all investigations to improve compliance for external auditors, creating reports to monitor. Performance of stock to recognise KPI’s to identify areas of focus for further investigations with the aim to reduce missing stock levels and the impact this can have on the store.
ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE SKILLS/TRAITS TO DEMONSTRATE
You are or will be able to demonstrate the following desirable or essential skills, qualifications and/or experience:
- Competent IT/Computer user is essential, with previous experience of using spreadsheets (desirable)
- Logical, numerate and proud of your accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible attitude and approach to both working time and working practices
- The ability to work, both within a team and under your own initiative in order to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and problem-solving capabilities
This role is based at Hampton Wick Store. With due consideration to COVID-related guidelines.
£19,500 to £21,000 per annum. Salary offered commensurate with skills, experience and or qualifications.
This is a permanent full-time position. Contracted hours are 41.25 hours, over six days currently Monday to Saturday with Saturday working on a rota.
HOLIDAY AND BENEFITS
28 days in the first 5 years rising to a maximum of 5 extra days with service. Generous staff discounts and Ride to Work Scheme (via salary sacrifice).
Please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining what skills you could bring to the team and how you can fulfil the essential criteria for this role, by Friday 18th June and email email@example.com.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and can be amended at the discretion of senior management, with changes being communicated to you in a timely manner.
Get social with Sigma Sports