3T Cycling Strada Aqua Blue Sport Team Frameset
The 3T Strada is a truly innovative frameset designed from scratch for optimal real-world aerodynamics. The choice of professional riders from Aqua Blue Sport, this edition looks great in the Pro Continental team's custom livery.
Starting from the road up, 3T designed the Strada specifically for 28mm tyres. The lower rolling resistance of wider tyres is not the only technological advantage, with the larger air volume dramatically reducing road buzz and negative feedback from bumps, potholes and cobbles translating to less fatigue for the rider. As the tyre absorbs shocks from the road, the rider can focus on transferring more watts to the forward motion of the bike without the distraction of vertical movement.
In their pursuit of aero perfection, 3T designed the Strada applying real-world aerodynamics at realistic speeds. The Arcfoil tubes are curved to mimic the arc of actual airflow, substantially lowering drag. The Squero Airfoil seat tube reduces turbulence as the air flows over the rear wheel. The downtube is shaped to hide water bottles from the airflow, with one bottle being optimal and two bottles the second-fastest setup, proving 3T understand that the bike will be ridden by humans in the real world. Aeroflex narrow seat stays offer a combination of vertical stiffness and comfort.
Another radical innovation of the Strada Frameset is the 1xAero chainset configuration. 3T identified the bottom bracket and chainset as the worst area of aero road bikes in terms of aerodynamic performance, despite 20 years of competitor innovations. By eliminating one chainring and the front derailleur, space is created for unobstructed airflow, allowing a better designed seat tube to optimise airflow over the rear wheel.
The adaptor to switch between 140/160mm rotors is completely integrated into the left fork shape. The Fundi boasts different left and right Sqaero profiles on the fork legs to counteract braking forces. Front and rear thru axles are supplied, completing the assured rigidity of the disc braking setup. The aerodynamic credentials of the bike can be optimised by building it up with an aero wheelset.
The 3T Charlie Sqaero Seatpost marries the frame perfectly, and is included with the frameset. Electronic or mechanical 1x 11 speed drivetrains are supported, with internal routing to the rear end, and down the fork to the front brake.
- 3T's first reinvention of the aero road frameset
- Featuring Team Aqua Blue Sport livery
- Optimised for 28mm tyres for comfort and aerodynamics
- 3T carbon fibre frame weighs just 970 grams
- Arcfoil tubing mimics the arc of real airflow to offer substantially lower drag
- Deep inset rear tyre significantly reduces turbulence
- Designed for 1 x 11 drivetrains for improved aerodynamics and lighter weight
- Fundi Aero fork has a minimalist crown, Sqaero fork legs and a kinked leg for a minimal frontal area
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: 3T Strada Team Frameset, 3T full carbon fibre in Pro Continental team Aqua Blue Sport livery
- FORK: 3T FUNDI LTD, carbon fibre, 12mm thru axle
- HEADSET: 1 1/4 - 1 1/8 inch
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BB386EVO
- SEATPOST: 3T Charlie Sqaero Strada
- AXLES: 142x12 rear (Syntace X-12), 100x12 front
- CABLE ROUTING: Internal via interchangeable FlipTop covers for 1x11 mechanical, Di2, eTap
- FRAME WEIGHT: 970g +/- 3% (M size)
- TYRE CLEARANCE: 28mm effective width
PRODUCT REF: 872947
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more