absoluteBLACK Premium Race Oval SRAM Outer Chainring
Delivering exceptional riding performance and smooth gear transitions are absoluteBLACK's Premium Race Oval SRAM Outer Chainring. Ideal for hill climbs, this chainring has been designed to give effortless pedal efficiency, keeping your legs feeling fresh whilst tacking challenging ascents.
It has been proven that oval chainrings utilise more muscle groups within the legs, reducing peak loads and stress during the gyroscopic pedal motion. Overall, the elliptical shape feels much rounder and natural compared to standard chainrings, enabling less strain on muscle groups within the legs for maintained maximum effort and increased speeds for longer durations.
If that isn't motivating enough, how about smoother gear shifting? Developed with smooth angled surfaces on the rear of the chainring, and utilisation of a ramp and recess design, this Premium Race Oval Chainring ensures seamless gear shifting. This is combined with six up shifting rams and 12 downshifting points that deliver even more efficiency and chain stability.
This simple sleek design is an excellent motivator for hill climbs and doesn't require any modifications. Simply fit and ride.
Sold as a single chainring, does not include crank arm or inner chainring.
Stuck on choice?
- 50T outer chainring: Choose this size if you ride for pleasure or sportive events. This is the most versatile and comfortable size.
- 52T outer chainring: If you race and feel strong, it's the classic outer chainring size and a great option for experienced riders.
SRAM cranks that have one hidden chainring bolt behind the crank arm: SRAM Red, Red eTap, Red22, Force1, Force22, Rival, Rival1. Compatible with Quarq.
Reuse original SRAM bolts except for the hidden bolt. AB Outer chainring comes with the hidden bolt in the package.
- Material: CNC machined 7075 Txxx aluminium, type 2 anodising
- Attachment: 5 bolt, 110 BCD
- Long lasting construction
- Six upshifting ramps
- 12 downshifting points
- Smooth angled surfaces
- Ram and recess solution
- Optimised to each size separately
- Doesn't require front derailleur modification
- Ideal for road climbs
- SRAM compatible