Argon 18 Krypton CS Ultegra R8020 Disc Road Bike 2018
The Argon 18 Krypton CS Ultegra R8020 Disc Road Bike is a bike designed to be ridden far, in supreme comfort. The centrepiece of this bike is a lightweight, high-grade carbon frameset that has been optimised for endurance riding, featuring tubing profiles that have been specially crafted in order to dampen harsh vibrations from the road, and relaxed geometry for a riding position that will keep you comfortable mile after mile. The fork, too, boasts an innovative, curved profile that Argon 18 claims to help soak up further roadbuzz. The bike comes fitted out with a pair of comfortable and versatile 27mm Challenge Paris Roubaix Plus tyres, although the frame boasts the clearance to fit up to 32mm. The addition of a flexible carbon seatpost helps complete this bike's standout endurance credentials.
The frame also benefits from some truly innovative developments from Argon 18 - the 3DPLUS system, for instance, is a self-contained headset unit that eliminates the need for headset spacers, allowing you to customise the bike to your exact physiological requirements, all whilst further improving system stiffness. Combine that 3DPLUS unit with neat internal cable routing, and you have a clean, seamless looking frameset that also benefits from far improved aerodynamics. The decision to utilise thru-axles over quick-release skewers, meanwhile, helps keep the whole system super stiff in order to deliver every ounce of your efforts to the road.
Shifting is provided by Shimano's Ultegra groupset - a truly premium level option that guarantees you mile after mile of seamless shifting performance. Argon 18 have opted for a 50/34 chainset which, when paired with a 11-32 cassette, provides a gear range wide enough for even the harshest col. The inclusion of disc brakes, which boast a considerable all-weather advantage over their rim counterparts, ensure that the Krypton CS Disc is a bike you can rely on all year round. The Krypton CS Disc is completed with a set of tough-wearing Vision Team 30 wheels and a saddle from Italian manufacturers Prologo.
- Full carbon frameset lends stiffness and a remarkably low weight
- 3DPLUS headset system combined with internal cable routing means superior aerodynamic performance
- Argon Fit System means that every size is tailored to that rider's requirements
- Shimano Ultegra groupset lends flawless shifting performance and super stiff power transfer
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Argon 18 carbon frame, 12mm thru-axle
- FORK: Argon 18 carbon frame, 12mm thru-axle
- HEADSET: FSA 30 + 3DPLUS, 1" 1/2
- STEM: FSA OS-168, alloy
- HANDLEBARS: FSA Omega, alloy
- BAR TAPE: Black
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano RT81, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano RT81, 140mm rotor
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano R8020
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-32
- CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra HG700-11, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8000 50/34, 11-speed
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano BB Press Fit, SM-BB71-41B
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Vision Team 30 Disc, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Vision Team 30 Disc, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Challenge Paris Roubaix Plus 700x27, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Challenge Paris Roubaix Plus 700x27, clincher
- SADDLE: Prologo Kappa RS
- SEATPOST: Argon 18 ASP-1600 carbon, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 815729
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more