Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc Ultegra R8070 Di2 Road Bike 2018
The Argon 18 Krypton GF Disc Ultegra R8070 Di2 Road Bike is no run-of-the-mill endurance bike - this is a machine designed for maximum performance, all day long. The Krypton GF has been engineered from the ground up as a bike able to deliver top-level performance whilst remaining supremely comfortable. The lightweight carbon frame has been built using Argon 18's Topological Compliance System in order dissipate vibrations from the road whilst ensuring maximum pedalling efficiency, and the fork is shaped for the best balance of steering control and absorption. The thru-axle frame and forks, meanwhile, help keep the whole system stiff and responsive.
Shimano's excellent Ultegra Di2 groupset ensures crisp and reliable shifting mile after mile and the compact 50/34 chainset is ready for even the harshest of gradients, making this bike a real mile-eater. The Ultegra disc brakes ensure both great stopping power and smooth modulation whatever the weather conditions. The HED Ardennes GP wheelset is a tough, dependable option, whilst the Challenge Paris-Roubaix Race tyres are at home on a variety of road surfaces and conditions, so you can rely on Krypton GF to perform no matter the adventure.
The Krypton GF also benefits from some innovations exclusive to Argon 18. The 3DPLUS unit, for example, is an integrated headset mechanism that does away the need for traditional spacers in a seamless, streamlined package. The Argon Fit System, meanwhile, dictates that every size option in the Krypton lineup benefits from tube profiles unique to that size - this means that you can be certain of frame dimensions specifically designed to suit your exact requirements. The geometries themselves have been set with rider comfort in mind, with slacker angles and a dropped bottom bracket lending the bike a smooth and assured ride. Occasionally, the 'endurance' bike tagline can be somewhat backhanded, but not in this case - the Krypton GF is a road bike built to perform.
- Argon 18 carbon frameset is stiff, light and responsive
- Shimano Ultegra R8070 Di2 groupset offers crisp and reliable shifting, mile after mile
- Compact 50/34 chainset provides gearing ready for any gradient.
- Argon 18 Fit System ensures that your ride is suited to your exact measurements
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Argon 18 carbon frame, thru-axle
- FORK: Argon 18 carbon fork, thru-axle
- HEADSET: FSA 37 + 3D 1" 1/2
- STEM: FSA OS-99 alloy
- HANDLEBARS: FSA Energy aluminium
- BAR TAPE: Black
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra RT800, 160MM rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra RT800, 140MM rotor
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra R0870 Di2, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 8000 11/28, 11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra HG700-11
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra R8070 50/34, 11-speed
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano BB Press Fit, SM-BB71-41B
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: HED Ardennes GP Disc
- REAR WHEEL: HED Ardennes GP Disc
- FRONT TYRE: Challenge Paris-Roubaix Race, 700x27c
- REAR TYRE: Challenge Paris-Roubaix Race, 700x27c
- SADDLE: Prologo Kappa Space
- SEATPOST: ARGON 18 carbon monobloc, 27.2mm
PRODUCT REF: 815581
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more