Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
Cyclescheme can save you up to 39% on a bike and accessories. Visit our Cycle to Work Scheme page to learn more and claim.
The BallisTec carbon frame is light, stiff and compliant for a lively but composed ride.
Ultralight and buttery smooth, the single-sided design is the pinnacle of cross country suspension.
Lighter than bearings and requiring no maintenance, these carbon plates create a virtual horst link.
Aggressive and fast, this modern geometry is lightning fast and confidence inspiring.
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 Mountain Bike 2021
A rip-roaring mountain bike that's XC ready, the Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 is complete with aggressive geometry, lightweight carbon construction and superior suspension in the form of FlexPivot carbon fibre flex zones. The Lefty Ocho fork keeps weight low and offers handling that's unfalteringly precise on technical trails, with 100mm of travel coming in handy to iron out bumps and shocks from rugged terrain. A degree and a half slacker head tube angle than past iterations of this model makes for progressive geometry that's hungry for speed without losing stability, ensuring swift rides that never fail to raise a smile.
The high-end Shimano XT rear-derailleur shifts smoothly up and down the cassette, with reliable SLX 12-speed components providing gearing options aplenty and boasting durability on muddy, rough and ready rides. Responsive Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes give sure stopping power to keep speed in check, and fast-rolling 29" wheels are kitted out with rapid Schwalbe Racing Ray/Ralph tyres for speed. For heightened connectivity, there's the Cannondale wheel sensor to record routes, speed and distance all through the Cannondale app.
- FlexPivot - key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon fibre flex zones act just like a Horst link pivot, but are lighter, stiffer and more durable than any bearing setup
- Lefty Ocho - the most advanced, smoothest, most precise-handling ultralight XC fork ever made. Its one-of-a-kind design lets it float through the chop and steer through the chunder like nothing else
- OutFront Steering Geometry - Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else
- Connected - the integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper-accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed servicing and more, all through the free Cannondale App
- Ai (Asymmetric Integration) - The unique offset drivetrain delivers big tyre/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. It also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel
- Proportional Response - Cannondale customise the layout of suspension for each size, so that every rider experiences the same brilliant suspension performance
- Two water bottle mounts
- Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy
|Frame||Cannondale All-New, 100mm travel, BallisTec Carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot Chainstay, PF30-83, Tapered Headtube, Speed Release 12mm thru-axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible|
|Fork||Cannondale Lefty Ocho, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float DPS Performance Elite EVOL, remote lockout, adjustable rebound|
|Headset||Cannondale Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5”, sealed angular contact bearings|
|Bottom Bracket||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Stem||Cannondale 3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°|
|Handlebar||Cannondale 2 Flat, butted 2014 Alloy, 31.8mm, 3° rise, 8° sweep, 760mm|
|Grips||ESI Chunky Silicone, 32mm diameter|
|Front Brake||Shimano Deore hydraulic disc, 160mm RT54 rotors|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Deore hydraulic disc, 160mm RT54 rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore hydraulic disc|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT|
|Shift Levers||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX, 10-51, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Cannondale HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset|
|Front Wheel||Cannondale Lefty 60 hub, Stan’s NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless-ready rim, DT Swiss Champion spokes|
|Rear Wheel||Shimano MT510 12x148mm thru-axle hub, 12x148mm hub, Stan’s NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless-ready rim, DT Swiss Champion spokes|
|Front Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ray Performance, 29 x 2.25”, Addix Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25”, Addix Compound, tubeless-ready clincher|
|Saddle||Prologo Dimension NRD, STN rails|
|Seatpost||Cannondale 2, 7075 Alloy, 31.6 x 400mm|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Accessories||Cannondale wheel sensor|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.