Cannondale Topstone SE Apex 1x Disc Adventure Bike 2019
Named after Cannondale staff's favourite gravel loop near their Connecticut headquarters, the new Topstone SE is a pure adventure bike, designed to take on any road or trail that takes your fancy. Specced out with a SRAM Apex 1x groupset, a dropper seatpost, and fitted out with a plethora of mounts for bottle cages or other storage units, this is an extremely versatile machine that can take the rough with the smooth, and thinks nothing of heading off the beaten track for a few days at a time.
This extremely capable all-rounder is built around a sturdy SmartForm C2 Alloy frame, and finished off with a carbon fork. This provides a good balance of low weight, high frame stiffness, as well as the strength you need for carrying luggage - whether that means a set of soft frame bags or a full-on pannier rack. Having a rugged alloy frame, meanwhile, gives you that little more peace of mind when attacking a rocky descent.
The groupset is similarly specced for toughness and simplicity. The SRAM Apex 1x groupset does away with the need for a front derailleur, keeping the whole system simple and functional. The Apex hydraulic brakes, meanwhile, provide powerful and controlled stopping, even in wet conditions. This gives you the confidence you need when tackling those technical offroad descents.
Cannondale have also specced this bike with a dropper seatpost which is controlled from a remote on the handlebar. This allows you to drop the saddle down out of your way when you want to really test yourself on some off-road terrain.
Wide, 40mm WTB Nano tyres also add some serious off-road traction. Wider tyres such as this allow you to run lower tyre pressures than narrower options, increasing the contact patch between the tyre and the road and giving you more control. The WTB ST i23 wheelset is also tubeless ready, so you have the option to further upgrade should you want your tyre pressures to go lower still.
- Dropper seatpost for the ultimate off-road adaptability
- Sturdy alloy frame features mounts for mudguards, racks as well as plenty of other storage options
- SRAM Apex 1x groupset provides functional and reliable shifting performance
- Hydraulic disc brakes lend solid braking power and modulation
Note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Cannondale Topstone, SmartForm C2 Alloy, 142x12 thru-axle, tapered headtube, flat mount rear brake, internal cable routing
- FORK: Cannondale Topstone Disc, full carbon, 1-1/4" to 1-1/8" tapered steerer, 55mm offset, flat mount, 12x100 thru axle
- HEADSET: Cannondale Topstone Si, 25mm Alloy top cap
- STEM: Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°
- HANDLEBAR: Cannondale C3, butted 6061 Alloy, 16 deg flare drop
- BAR TAPE: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape with Gel, 3.5mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1 HRD, 160mm Centerline
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Apex 1 HRD, 160mm Centerline
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Apex 1, Long-cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Apex 1 HRD
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-42, 11-speed
- CHAIN: SRAM PC-1110, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: SRAM Apex Alloy, 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM GXP
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: WTB ST i23 Light TCS, 28h, tubeless ready rim, Formula RX-512 12x100 hub
- REAR WHEEL: WTB ST i23 Light TCS, 28h, tubeless ready rim, RX-142 12x142 hub
- FRONT TYRE: WTB Nano TCS, 700 x 40c, tubeless ready
- REAR TYRE: WTB Nano TCS, 700 x 40c, tubeless ready
- SADDLE: Fabric Scoop Radius Sport, steel rails
- SEATPOST: TranzX Dropper Seatpost, 50mm travel, 27.2 x 365mm, internal routing, drop bar remote
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 916648
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more