Cervelo S5 Disc Team Sunweb Frameset 2019
The S5 Disc Frameset in Team Sunweb colours is an aerodynamic masterclass. Cervélo has not only used very low drag tube shapes, aero seatpost and a cutaway seat tube to shield the back wheel, but they have also completely re-thought the front end. The external fork steerer allows the headtube to be far narrower than normal bikes, and the two-piece, V-shaped stem and handlebar setup is both more aerodynamic and stiffer than a traditional stem. Both the stem and the handlebar can be changed separately so achieving the perfect position is much simpler than on bikes with a one-piece design. Furthermore, the V-Stem allows for fully internal cabling without the need for the tight bends necessitated by a normal stem, improving its aerodynamic credentials even more. These design improvements add up to a drag saving of 42 grams over the old S5. Increases in stiffness at both the bottom bracket and headtube of 25% and 14% respectively mean that power transfer and handling are also much improved over the previous model.
Read more about the Cervelo S5 here.
- TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes and design features to improve aerodynamic flow
- Extended seat tube cutout to shield the leading edge of the rear wheel for reduced drag
- 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness and 25% increased stiffness at the bottom bracket
- BBright system - Utilising larger tubes in the seat tube, down tube and left-hand chainstay, stiffness and pedalling efficiency are increased while keeping weight to a minimum
- Internal cable routing
- Clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide
- Fully adjustable bar and stem system: Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of the stem, pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees, stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments)
|FRAME||Cervélo S5 Disc|
|FORK||Cervélo All-Carbon, tapered S5 fork for disc|
|STEM||Cervélo S5 V-Aero stem|
|HANDLEBAR||Cervélo Aero AB06|
|HEADSET||FSA IS2 1 x 1-⅜”|
|SEATPOST||Cervelo Carbon, Aero SP20|