Cervelo S5 Disc Team Sunweb Frameset 2019
The S5 Disc Frameset in Team Sunweb colours is an aerodynamic masterclass. Cervélo have not only used very low drag tube shapes, aero seatpost and a cutaway seat tube to shield the back wheel, but they have also completely re-thought the front end. The external fork steerer allows the headtube to be far narrower than normal bikes, and the two piece, V-shaped stem and handlebar setup is both more aerodynamic and stiffer than a traditional stem. Both the stem and the handlebar can be changed separately so achieving the perfect position is much simpler than on bikes with a one piece design. Furthermore, the V-Stem allows for fully internal cabling without the need for the tight bends necessitated by a normal stem, improving its aerodynamic credentials even more. These design improvements add up to a drag saving of 42 grams over the old S5. Increases in stiffness at both the bottom bracket and headtube of 25% and 14% respectively mean that power transfer and handling are also much improved over the previous model.
- TrueAero combines specific tube shapes, sizes and design features to improve aerodynamic flow
- Extended seat tube cutout to shield the leading edge of the rear wheel for reduced drag
- 13% increase in headtube (torsional) stiffness and 25% increased stiffness at the bottom bracket
- BBright system - Utilising larger tubes in the seat tube, down tube and left-hand chainstay, stiffness and pedalling efficiency are increased while keeping weight to a minimum
- Internal cable routing
- Clearance for tyres up to 28mm wide
- Fully adjustable bar and stem system: Handlebar stack range of 2.5mm, independent of the stem, pitch adjustment in two steps, to 2.5 degrees or 5 degrees/stem stack range of up to 30mm (in 5mm increments)
The Cervelo S5 is designed to fit the rider with absolute precision and must be set up by a certified Cervelo dealer. Please contact our Sales Team before making a purchase.
For online purchases, our sales team will require a fit report from a certified bike fitter, detailing your optimal saddle height, reach and handlebar drop. This will help us to ensure the bike is set up correctly for you. If you do not have this information, you're most welcome to visit us at our flagship store in Hampton Wick, Surrey, or book a bike fit with us on our Bike Fitting page.
- FRAME: Cervélo S5 Disc
- FORK: Cervélo All-Carbon, tapered S5 fork for disc
- STEM: Cervélo S5 V-Aero stem
- HANDLEBAR: Cervélo Aero AB06
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1 x 1-⅜”
- SEATPOST: Cervelo Carbon, Aero SP20
PRODUCT REF: 1051570
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more