ENVE SES 4.5 AR Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs
Perfect for tackling the roughest roads, ENVE's SES 4.5 AR QR Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King R45 Hubs, in collaboration with Team Dimension Data, was designed to smooth out the cobbles of Paris-Roubaix.
The external rim width of 31mm and 30.5mm (front and rear respectively) is optimised for 28mm to 30mm tyres, and the ability to convert to a tubeless set up means you can decrease tyre pressure for increased efficiency, traction and comfort, while reducing your risk of punctures. These are game-changing wheels that means you can perform at your best no matter how much the roads try to slow you down.
A wheelset that is both stable and fast, thanks to the dissimilar front and rear rim profiles and the hookless beads. Hookless beads aid the flow of air from tyre to rim in a tubeless system and, combined with the 55mm rear rim depth, drag is significantly reduced. At the front, the rim is slightly shallower at 49mm, for outstanding stability in the strongest crosswinds.
Thanks to the disc-specific construction, with no need for a brake track, rim weight is significantly reduced and mass is transferred to the hub, resulting in increased responsiveness when accelerating, cornering and braking. In addition, lateral stiffness and impact resistance are greatly improved. With the supreme stopping power of disc brakes, you can take fast descents and technical courses safe in the knowledge that you'll be able to stop quickly when required.
Chris King are components are renowned in the industry for their precision engineering and high-quality construction. The R45 hubs are lightweight and engage almost instantly, with 45 teeth on the rear hub reducing drag. Complete with legendary made-in-house bearings, you'll be able to respond fast and experience the fast, smooth rolling that these bearings are know for, ride after ride.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs
- All-new rim profiles of 49 and 55mm
- Optimised for 28mm tyres
- ENVE valve extender
- 700c ENVE Rim Strip
- Does not include quick release skewers
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 49mm (front) / 55mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 25mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 31mm (front) / 30.5mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 558mm (front) / 547mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 28mm (fits 25mm - 32mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Claimed rim weight: 440 grams (front) / 450 grams (rear) / 890 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 708 grams (front) / 836 grams (rear) / 1544 grams (wheelset)
- **Please note:** QR skewers not included