ENVE SES 5.6 QR Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs
Offering the ultimate in lightweight road racing performance, the materials and construction of the ENVE SES 5.6 QR Disc Clincher Wheelset with Chris King Hubs will meet the needs of the most demanding riders.
Structurally designed for disc brakes with no brake track, the rim is significantly lighter and, although the full weight remains similar to the rim version, mass is shifted to the hub for increased responsiveness when accelerating, cornering and braking. In addition, lateral stiffness and impact resistance are increased, and you also get exceptional braking performance for confidence on the longest, fastest descents and in all conditions.
With a tubeless-ready construction comes the ability to run lower tyre pressures and in turn this results in better traction, more comfort and efficiency, and reduced rolling resistance, while you'll spend less time at the roadside dealing with punctures.
The external 29mm (front) and 28mm (rear) rims are aerodynamically optimised for wider 25mm tyres, a now popular choice with amateurs and pros for increased efficiency and comfort. The slightly shallower 54mm front rim depth enhances stability for confidence and performance, even in windy conditions. A deeper 63mm rear depth reduces drag so you can cut through the wind and knock the seconds off your best performances.
Chris King components are renowned for their high-quality construction and precision engineering. The R45 hub has been designed as a lightweight road racing hub and lowers drag, engages almost instantly and transfers your power efficiently to the road. The steel bearings are legendary and offer the smoothest ride, while the whole unit is serviceable and completely rebuildable so you can enjoy these hubs for years to come.
- The fastest carbon fibre Smart ENVE System aero wheel
- Second generation SES rim profile
- Disc-specific construction with no brake tracks
- Stability in gusty conditions
- Chris King R45 hubs
- All-new rim profiles of 54mm and 63mm
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- ENVE valve extender
- 700c ENVE Rim Strip
- Does not include quick release skewers
- Tubeless-ready clincher
- Material: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 54mm (front) / 63mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm (front and rear)
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 28mm (rear)
- Effective rim diameter: 550mm (front) / 533mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray J-bend
- Spoke count: 24 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23mm - 28mm)
- Rotor mounting: Centre lock
- 10/11-Speed compatible Chris King R45 freehub
- Shimano/SRAM compatible
- Claimed rim weight: 450 grams (front) / 470 grams (rear) / 920 grams (wheelset)
- Approximate weight: 727 grams (front) / 841 grams (rear) / 1568 grams (wheelset)
- Quick release skewers not included