FOX 38 Float Factory 180 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
Building on the success of the newly designed 36, the Tapered FOX 38 Float Factory 180 29 GRIP2 Suspension Fork packages their latest technology into an all-new, uber stiff 38mm stanchioned platform. Designed predominantly for the hard-hitting world of enduro and freeride, this long travel fork is the answer for anyone looking to push their riding to the next level. With EWS courses becoming ever closer to that of their downhill brethren, the need for a more robust single crown option became apparent. The result? A fork to bridge the gap between the 36 and dual-crown 40 model - the 38.
Unique to the 38 platform is a new elliptical steerer tube design. This oval shape maximises fore and aft stiffness by placing material only where necessary, eliminating excess weight and improving tracking over rough terrain. Following in the steps of the new 36 design, the 38 features FOX’s latest arch shape which further improves the strength to weight ratio.
Now featuring dual Variable Valve Control (VVC) on the high speed compression/rebound circuits, the GRIP 2 damper is more refined than ever. Combined with an increased negative volume chamber from the new EVOL air spring, the 38 craves to go fast on the even the most challenging of trails by offering a sublime balance of grip and square-edge performance. Taking notes from its dual-crown big brother, bleed valves can be found on the lower legs of the 38 to release pressure build-up at the push of a button.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 180mm of travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.