FOX 38 Float Performance 170 29 GRIP Tapered Fork
Splitting the difference between the 36 and 40 platforms, the FOX 38 Float Performance 170 29 GRIP Tapered Fork blurs the lines of what is possible on a single crown fork. Designed for the rigours of the Enduro World Series, the all-new 38 chassis ensures total confidence on the rowdiest of trails. The revised arch design balances the ratio of stiffness to weight, saving every possible gram without compromising on rigidity, and the namesake 38mm stanchions are 20% more torsionally stiff than those found on the revered FOX 36.
Developed with weekend warriors in mind, this Performance model features the uber-reliable GRIP damper to provide consistent support on hard-hitting trail features. Versatile three-way compression adjustment aids pedalling performance on climbs and undulating terrain, and can be run wide-open for performance on chunky, loose trails. Although not included, lower-leg bleed valves can be purchased aftermarket to help reduce pressure build-up, and an optional bolt-on mudguard skips the zip-ties to provide integrated protection.
New for the latest FOX fork range, the EVOL air spring increases the negative air chamber volume for supple fork performance. By reducing the breakaway forces needed to initiate the suspension action, small bump compliance and grip is improved on chattery terrain. Volume spacers can be installed to aid bottom-out performance, increasing the progression through the stroke.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 170mm of travel
- Revised air/oil channels
- Motocross inspired FIT GRIP sealed cartridge damper, featuring three-way compression adjustment
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available
- Optional lower leg bleed buttons sold separately
- 15QR x 110mm Boost