FOX 38 Float Performance Elite 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork
For bold, hard-hitting freeride and enduro performance, look no further than the FOX 38 Float Performance Elite 170 29 GRIP2 Tapered Fork. The all-new 38 chassis takes note from the critically-acclaimed 36 and 40 models, combining the best of both worlds for an uncompromising ride. The 38mm stanchions dominate the appearance of this fork, outlining its burly intentions, and provide 20% more torsional stiffness than the EWS winning 36. A revised crown design improves the strength-to-weight ratio, saving grams without sacrificing rigidity.
Featuring all the adjustment of the top-tier Factory version, the Performance Elite sees stealthy black anodised stanchions instead of the signature FOX Kashima for a more attractive price-point. With unparalleled levels of adjustment, the GRIP2 damper rewards riders with a predictable and confidence-inspiring ride that encourages bold line choice. The Variable Valve Control (VVC) adjustment on the high-speed circuits allows for complex tuning on-the-fly, and ensures that this is FOX’s highest-performing damper to date.
Bleed valves on the lower legs allow built-up pressure release for consistent, gravity-focussed performance. The EVOL air spring increases the size of the negative air chamber for unbeatable plushness, improving the fork's sensitivity and traction on rough terrain. Volume spacers allow for further tuning, allowing stroke progression to be ramped up for the rowdy jump lines and square-edged hits.
- New for the 38, steerer tube design incorporates elliptical shaping in taper zone, further maximising stiffness to weight ratio
- 29-inch specific model, 170mm travel
- Lower leg bleeders to equalise pressure build-up
- Revised air/oil channels
- Updated GRIP2 damper now with dual VVC (Variable Valve Control) on HSC and HSR circuits
- Matching 8-click HSC and HSR adjustment on Grip2 forks and X2 shocks
- Unique design maximises stiffness to weight and offers improved head tube clearance via radical new arch shape
- 31% stiffer transverse shear, 9% stiffer fore/aft and 20% torsionally stiffer than 36
- Updated EVOL air spring
- 58mm crown diameter to match modern frame shape profiles
- Aftermarket direct-mount mudguard available
- 15QR x 110mm Boost