Focus Izalco Max Red eTap Road Bike 2018
The Izalco Max Red eTap Road Bike is the pinnacle of Focus's race ready lineup. Combining a featherweight 750-gram frame design with an aggressive geometry, this bike is ready to sprint across finish lines and spin up gruelling alpine ascents quicker than you previously deemed possible.
Thanks to its ultra-stiff carbon fibre construction, the Izalco Max whips around corners as though on rails, while still remaining compliant enough to ride comfortably from dawn through to dusk. This makes it a popular choice for those looking to smash out a weekend club run, ride sportives, race criteriums and anything in-between. The Izalco's design is another key factor in its popularity, the paintwork is sleek and subtle, boasting a timeless style that is sure to put a smile on your face every time you ride it.
Being a top of the line model, only a top of the range groupset would be appropriate. As such, Focus have opted for SRAM's revolutionary wireless eTap 11-speed offering. This setup offers the smooth, reliable and instant shifting expected from such a premium product, while the sharp, modulated braking provides confidence-inspiring stopping power, no matter the gradient or technicality of the descent. Combining a 52/36T chainset with an 11/28T cassette, the gearing is ideal for high-velocity efforts on the flat, yet still leaves enough range to conquer steep climbs with grace.
The bike is finished with a pair of Zipp 302 wheels, wrapped in Continental GP4000S II folding tyres. Boasting a full carbon fibre construction, the 302's are extremely lightweight, while their semi-deep profile balances crosswind stability and aerodynamics to offer high levels of versatility and performance in mixed conditions. Similarly, the Continental tyres further boost the bikes overall performance thanks to their 25mm width. This wider profile increases comfort by adding some extra cushioning on uneven roads, whilst simultaneously reducing rolling resistance and heightening grip levels for a confidence inspiring ride, no matter the conditions, distance or gradient ahead.
- SRAM's eTap Groupset offers slick, clean and reliable performance
- Full carbon construction reduces the overall weight and increases stiffness
- 25mm Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres boost grip in all conditions
- Zipp 302 Wheelset balances aerodynamics and crosswind stability for ultimate versatility
- The subtle design is stylish and timeless
- BBB CPX carbon seatpost reduces weight and increases comfort levels
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: MAX technology carbon, caliper, PF30BB, 130 mm quick release dropouts, Di2 ready, external brake cable routing
- FORK: MAX technology carbon, caliper, 100 mm quick release
- STEM: Easton EA90, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 10 degree
- HANDLEBARS: Easton EC90 Aero, carbon, drop: 125mm, reach: 80mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Red
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Red
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Red eTap
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Sram Red eTap, braze on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Sram Red eTap, 11-speed, short cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Red eTap
- CASSETTE: Sram XG-1190, 11-28T
- CRANKSET: Sram Red PF30, 52/36T
- FRONT WHEEL: ZIPP 302, quick release, carbon, 100 mm, 20 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- REAR WHEEL: ZIPP 302, quick release, carbon, 130 mm, 24 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- FRONT TYRE: Continental GP4000S II, 700 x 25C, Folding
- REAR TYRE: Continental GP4000S II, 700 x 25C, Folding
- SADDLE: Prologo Scratch STN Rail
- SEATPOST: BBB CPX Plus, Carbon, 27,2mm, 350mm, set-back: 20mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 821631
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more