Focus Izalco Race AL Sora Road Bike 2018
The Focus Izalco Race AL Sora Road Bike makes the perfect choice for seasoned cyclists looking for a dependable training bike and those looking to start racing alike.
Constructed from a tough but lightweight 6061 aluminium, the Izalco offers dependable performance at a competitive price point. The addition of internal cable routing is also a nice touch, increasing the bike's aesthetics and aerodynamics whilst also protecting the cables from the elements for reliable shifting all year round. Featuring a carbon fibre fork, further weight is cut, while comfort is greatly increased. The carbon construction effectively absorbs unwanted road feedback before it is transferred into the rider's wrists, perfect for long days in the saddle.
Sharing the same aggressive geometry as its big brother, the Max, you are provided with an efficient, direct ride, suitable for the demands of criterium racing and weekend club runs. A Sora R3000 Groupset offers the smooth, dependable shifting expected from Shimano's premium 9-speed setup, while the combined 50/34T chainset and 11-34T cassette allow adequate gearing for sprinting along the flat and spinning up steep climbs with equal efficiency.
A pair of Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres wrap around the low profile Alex ALX-21O Wheels. Combined, these offer an ideal setup for four season racing and training with the shallow depth rims providing excellent stability in crosswinds. Similarly, the 25mm Continental tyres offer increased cushioning on uneven roads, while their width ensures high levels of grip for a confidence inspiring ride in even the worst of weather.
- Shimano's reliable Sora Groupset provides slick, smooth shifting
- A carbon fibre fork absourbs unwanted road feedback and reduces weight
- 25mm wide Continental Ultra Sport II offer high levels of grip
- Shallow depth Alex Wheels provide exceptional crosswind stability
- Race inspired geometry
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: 6061 aluminum, caliper, BSA BB, 130 mm quick release dropouts, internal brake and gear cable routing
- FORK: Carbon, caliper, 100 mm quick release
- STEM: BBB Basic, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBARS: BBB Basic, Aluminium, drop: 125 mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Sora R3000, caliper
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Sora R3000, caliper
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Sora R3000
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Sora R3000, w/clamp 31.8
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Sora R3000, 9-speed, long cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Sora R3000
- CASSETTE: Shimano Sora HG200, 11-34T
- CRANKSET: Shimano Sora R3000, 50/34T
- FRONT WHEEL: Alex ALX-210, quick release, aluminium, 100mm, 20 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- REAR WHEEL: Alex ALX-210, quick release, aluminium, 130mm, 24 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C
- SADDLE: Velo VL-1489 Steel Rail
- SEATPOST: BBB Basic, Aluminium, 27,2mm, 350mm, set-back 20mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 822726
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more