Garmin fenix 5S Sapphire GPS Watch
Whether running, cycling, swimming or enjoying a number of other sports and adventures, the Garmin fenix 5S Sapphire GPS GPS Watch can enhance your training for improved performance. A huge range of technological features is packed into this multisport offering, with a lightweight, low-profile design that won't feel overly bulky on your wrist.
Wrist-based Elevate technology means there's no need to wear a separate chest strap to record your heart rate. Not only analysing your training, this handy feature can provide an insight into your recovery to avoid over-training. The 'Training status' performance monitoring tool evaluates your exercise history while the 'anaerobic training effect' provides information about how your fitness is actually improving.
A great training tool for a number of sports, its ability to measure running matrics is where it particularly excels. Biomechanical measurements taken include cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, all allowing you to understand and work on your form. All these stats are available by wearing a compatible heart rate strap or Running Dynamics Pod which complement the watch perfectly. In the water, the fenix 5S tracks distance, stroke, pace and more. Beyond cycling, swimming and running, the watch has a number of preloaded activity profiles for golfing, skiing, paddle sports and much more.
Navigation is made easier with the fenix 5S, even in more challenging conditions and remote conditions, thanks to GLONASS and GPS satellite reception, as well as a three-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter. You can monitor descent and ascent, changing weather conditions and keep your bearings.
Paired with a compatible device, the 5S supports Smart notifications, so you won't miss important messages and emails on the go. Activities are automatically uploaded to Garmin Connect, and live tracking and social media sharing are possible through the Garmin Connect app.
There's plenty of room for personalisation. Interchangeable QuickFit bands are available in leather, metal and silicone, and are easy to swap out. Using the Connect IQ store, you have the ability to change your watch face and add data fields and apps. By downloading the Garmin Face It app you can customise the watch face with the photo of your choice.
SPORT SPECIFIC KEY FEATURES
- CYCLING: Speed and distance, can be paired with power meters and cadence sensors, compatible with Strava live segments
- RUNNING: Actual condition, average fitness level, running cadence, stride length
- SWIMMING: Distance, stroke count and more
- PADDLE SPORTS: Stroke count, stroke rate and distance per stroke
- SKIING/SNOWBOARDING: Speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter at your fingertips
- GOLF: For courses downloaded from Garmin; yardage to the front, back and middle of the green, enhancements such as Green View and AutoShot detection can also be added via Garmin Connect
- fēnix 5S
- Charging/data cable
- Premium multisport GPS watch
- Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology
- Preloaded activity profiles for all of your sports and adventures
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows your training status, training load and more
- Connected features include smart notifications and automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™ online fitness community
- Personalisation through free watch faces and apps from the Garmin Connect IQ™ store
- Outdoor sensors include GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and three-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Battery life: Up to nine days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode or up to 35 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode
- Scratch resistant sapphire glass
- Wi-Fi support to automatically sync with Garmin Connect
- Weight: 67 grams