Hope Technology Carbon Seatpost - 27.2 x 350mm
Light enough for road racing, yet strong enough for downhill mountain biking, the Hope Technology Carbon 27.2 x 350mm Seatpost is lovingly crafted in Barnoldswick, Lancashire. With 15mm of layback, and ultra-fine adjustment for the position of the saddle, it ensures that the correct position can be attained. The aircraft grade aluminium seat clamp is extremely easy to use, with a single bolt that simply needs loosening off rather than disassembling to insert the saddle.
Hope used three different types of carbon fibre to achieve the strength without weight that they were looking for. 3K twill woven fabric is added to the T700 fibre for extra reinforcement where needed, to protect against clamping and/or crash damage whilst 1K 2x2 twill weave gives a smooth finish and additional strength. The impressive strength-to-weight ratio is also aided by the fact that the inside of the post is elliptical rather than round, so that more carbon fibre is positioned to the rear of the post where the forces are greater, and less at the front of the post to save weight. All told, the Hope Carbon Seatpost weighs a mere 185 grams.
The post is beautifully finished off with a subtle Hope logo and 10mm insertion markings for a consistent saddle height.
- 100% designed, tested and manufactured in Barnoldswick, England
- High strength carbon fibre construction with aircraft grade aluminium seat rail clamps
- Smooth internal surface finish removes any unnecessary resin rich areas to minimise weight
- Varying wall sections to optimise weight and areas of high stress concentrations
- Same ultra-fine seat rail adjustment as tried and proven on the ‘Eternity Seatpost’
- Weight: 185 grams
- 350mm long
- 15mm layback
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.