Kinesis Tripster ATR Ti V2 Frameset (Mechanical/External Di2 Only)
Built in the same factory as the Racelight GF_Ti frame, the Tripster ATR Ti V2 Frameset (Mechanical/External Di2 Only) is strong, durable and versatile with all the performance and comfort features for any adventure, on and off road.
The Tripster is constructed from Ti3AL/2.5V titanium alloy, one of the strongest available, and is available in a seamless tube form. Strength comes from the manufacturing process; 'Cold Worked Stress Relieved’ tubing is shaped when cold and then undergoes a pressure-relief process so your frame is durable and dependable.
The revised geometry includes an increased bottom bracket height to improve performance off-road, whilst maintaining the feeling of stability. A long top tube combined with a slack head tube angle allows you to run a shorter stem and wider bars. The head tube is tapered to allow a tapered fork steerer and larger crown. The result is sharper responses and a reduction in flex when braking.
Anti Road Shock seat stays with an 'hourglass' bend improve comfort for those long, multiple days in the saddle. The rear triangle now includes a Shimano flat mount and thru axle compatibility. The switchable drop out system allows you to use wither 9 x 135mm quick release or 12 x 142mm thru axle.
With internal cable routing for mechanical setups and brake and shifter cables running inside the frame, there is less risk of dirt getting into your cables. If you wish to run an electronic groupset, then Di2 can be externally routed.
All the features of this capable frame have been incredibly well considered. The base of the top tube has been flattened to ensure secure fitting of frame bags or for more comfort when shouldering your bike. You can run tyres up to 45mm wide (40mm with mudguards) and there is even the option to fit 650B wheels with 2.0 MTB tyres, so you have plenty of versatility when it comes wheel and tyre choice. The option to add a third bottle cage ensures you can stay hydrated even on the longest days out.
It's easy to see why the Tripster has long been one of Kinesis' most popular frames, having the capabilities to keep you smiling on the biggest adventures over the roughest terrain.
- Ti3AL/2.5V: An aerospace grade alloy, 94% titanium, 3% aluminium and 2.5% vanadium. This is one of the strongest alloys of titanium available in a seamless tube form
- Internal cable routing (mechanical) / External cable routing (Di2)
- Shimano flat mount inboard rear disc caliper mount
- Multi dropout system; 12 x 142mm with through axle supplied [or 10 x 135mm quick release option]
- Welded triple bottle cage and rack mounts
- Shoulder flat added for comfort when carried and stability of bike packing bags
- Welded rack and ‘guard mounts, triple bottle cage mounts
Please note: The Tripster ATR v2 is frame only to allow owners to pair it with the fork of their choice.
- FRAME: Kinesis ATR Ti V2 Frame, fully Di2 compatible, for use with disc brakes
- HEADSET: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for tapered head tube
- BOTTOM BRACKET: British threaded 68mm
- SEAT POST DIAMETER: 31.6mm
- SEAT CLAMP: 34.9mm
- FRONT MECH: Band-on, 34.9
- TYRE CLEARANCE: Up to 45mm tyres (40mm with mudguards)
- WEIGHT: 1650 grams (54cm frame)
PRODUCT REF: 775742
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more