Knight Composites 35 Tubeless Carbon Clincher Disc Chris King R45 Wheelset
Knight Composites are renowned for producing wheels constructed from top-quality materials and utilising their expertise in the field, and the 35 Tubeless Carbon Clincher Disc Chris King R45 Wheelset is no exception.
The unique patented TLA (Tubeless-Aero) profile rim is designed to remove the complexity involved in going tubeless. A centre channel and reduced wall height make this process as easy as fitting a clincher and inner tube and with no need for an air compressor, the tyres can be inflated using a standard track pump. A ‘hookless’ internal rim profile has double the sealing area compared to 'hooked' versions. Taking tubeless technology to the next level, you can take advantage of the benefits of this system on a set of full carbon wheels offering top performance.
Developed in collaboration with tyre manufacturer Schwalbe, the rim is optimised to offer the best aerodynamic performance with 25mm tyres, although tyres up to 32mm can be fitted. The mid-depth 35mm rim is perfect for tackling hills and mountains, yet is versatile enough for everyday riding and flat races alike.
EPS moulding ensures the inner rim surface is smooth and consistent, for reliable performance and longevity. This process, along with utilisation of aerospace-grade Toray carbon fibre, ensures weight is kept to a minimum while strength and stiffness is maximised.
Sapim CX Ray spokes connect the rim to the top-end Chris King R45 hub. Fast engagement combines with smooth rolling thanks to the legendary made-in-house stainless steel bearings. Shimano and SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed compatibility ensures many riders with a disc brake build will be able to take advantage of the performance benefits of this wheelset.
Please note: Chris King R45 hubs supplied are centerlock. 6 bolt also available. Please contact us for further details.
- Tubeless-ready, disc-specific clincher
- Recommended tyre size: 700 x 25-32
- Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation (T.E.A.M.) creates a faster, more predictable ride
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) moulding system increases strength and stiffness and reduces weight
- Developed in collaboration with Schwalbe
- Manufactured with Knight's patent-pending internal rim profile, making tyre installation easier
- Provides both a pneumatic and mechanical locking system
- Industry-leading sealing surface with an optimised aero profile
- Material: EPS Moulded Carbon Fibre
- Rim depth: 35mm
- External rim width: 27.5mm
- Internal rim width: 19.5mm
- ERD: 588
- Hubs: Chris King R45 hubs with stainless steel bearings, centerlock (6 bolt also available)
- Sapim CX Ray spokes
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Rim weight: 420 grams
- Wheelset weight: Approximately 1465 grams
- Compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed cassettes
PRODUCT REF: 867124
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more