Kogel T47 30mm Road Seal Ceramic Bottom Bracket
Markedly lowering drivetrain friction, this Kogel T47 30mm Road Seal Ceramic Bottom Bracket is a superb upgrade for high-end, performance-oriented road bikes. The threaded format installs easily into T47 bottom bracket shells with either an 85.5mm or 86.5mm width and is compatible with 30mm diameter crankset spindles.
The durable cups house tough grade 3 ceramic ball bearings that combine with polished steel races to donate tremendously low rotational friction. Road cycling specific bearing seals further reduce resistance, while the BB Boost format places the bearings closer to the crank arms to heighten stiffness and lower wear.
This bottom bracket should be compatible with cranksets that have 30mm spindles built after 2016. This bottom bracket is not compatible with 30mm cranksets specifically built for 68mm wide frames, which are becoming rare. You might still find short spindles on proprietary cranksets, like Cannondale SiSL2 or Specialized FACT crank sets with Quarq Power meters.
- An easy to install T47 threaded bottom bracket that markedly improves drivetrain efficiency
- Easy installation into T47 threaded, 86.5mm or 85.5mm wide bottom bracket frame shells
- Compatible with 30mm diameter crankset spindles
- Top-tier grade 3 ceramic ball bearings for tremendously low resistance
- The ceramic bearings are tough, so that they won’t deform, flat-spot, crack or get pitted
- ABEC 5 bearing tolerance
- “Road” bearing seals afford even better efficiency
- Two year, guaranteed performance warranty on the bearings
- Hardened steel races won’t deform over time
- The races are polished to a mirror finish to guarantee the balls run on a smooth surface
- BB Boost® technology places the bearings as close to the crank arms as possible for increased stiffness and durability