Lightweight Fernweg VR 60 Carbon Clincher Front Wheel
Sitting at the forefront of carbon wheelset construction, Lightweight has been redefining the industry with their low weight, high-strength wheels, and with the Lightweight Fernweg VR 60 Carbon Clincher Front Wheel paying testament to this, you can expect nothing less than perfection from the German company.
First introduced in 2012 with an 80mm depth, specifically for time trials in low-wind conditions, this iteration of the Fernweg provides greater stability and handling on courses that are neither flat, straight and have high winds. This is through the reduction of the rim depth to 60mm, giving them greater control in crosswinds and allowing you to stay in your tucked aero position for longer, whilst other athletes will have to sit up to control their bike.
The VR 60 uses Lightweight’s innovative approach to construction where they sandwich together all the elements around a foam core. Moulded carbon spokes and carbon hubs are a signature of Lightweight’s intention to reduce weight further without affecting durability - allowing you to ramp up the watts without the worry of construction. All in all, this front-wheel weighs just 710g - mind-bogglingly low weight for such a deep section rim.
- 1 x Lightweight wheel bag
- 2 x pair of Swiss Stop brake pads
- 2 x Lightweight quick release
- 2 x Lightweight tyre lever
- 2 x Lightweight valve extenders (30mm)
Please note, latex inner tubes are not suitable for use with Lightweight wheels.
- Optimised aerodynamics in cross-winds
- All-purpose, aerodynamic road wheel
- Number 1 choice for medium- and long-distance triathletes on curvy and windy courses
- Clincher tires for easy handling
- Redefines braking performance in both dry and wet conditions
- Rim depth: 60mm
- Rim width: 20mm
- Number of spokes: 16
- Optimal tyre width: 23-25mm
- Max overall weight: 120kg
- Weight: 710g