Lightweight Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance Wheelset
The Lightweight Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance Wheelset combines unrivalled acceleration with market leading heat resistance and the all day comfort of wider tyre compliance.
Monocoque design combined with the V-shape construction of the rims provides high stiffness at a low weight. This provides direct power transition with no loss of energy due to the flex of the wheels, all while increasing the overall load capacity of the wheelset.
The light CFK spokes, made of high modular carbon fibre, resist tensile forces up to 1,500kg. This provides
immediate and undiminished power transfer with minimal loss of energy due to the stiffness and low rotational weight. As an added benefit, the wheels never need truing.
The combination of applied carbon fibre and resin create a unique carbon matrix for the rims, providing the longest heat resistance of any full-carbon clincher model on the market. Not only does this increase the durability of the rims, it also provides a longer life cycle under extreme use. This is particularly handy on long mountain descents that demand prolonged braking phases.
The 24mm rim profile, with a 20mm internal width, is the perfect platform for wider clincher tyres. The prevalence of 25mm tyres in the pro peloton has caught on due the improved comfort and aerodynamics afforded by the extra volume of air. The Meilenstein Carbon Clincher Endurance can house tyres from 24 to 34mm in width, increasing comfort and improving cornering ability.
The inner clincher ring provides feedback to the rider should the rim begin overheating from extended brake use. This is a great safety feature, as it gives the rider the opportunity to react, preventing any potentially nasty outcomes.
- Lightweight carbon fibre construction
- CeramicSpeed bearings ensure smooth performance
- 24mm wide rim allows the use of 24 - 34mm clincher tyres
- Overall weight of just 1290 grams
- 48mm rim depth balances aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability
- Carbon fibre spokes keep the wheels true and ensure controlled braking
- Intuitive braking surface provides great stopping power in both the wet and dry
- Recommended tyre sizes: 24 to 34mm clincher
- Front wheel weight: 585 grams
- Rear wheel weight: 705 grams
- Wheelset weight: 1290 grams
- Rim depth: 48mm
- Rim width: 24mm
- Internal rim width: 20mm
- Spoke count: 16 front/20 rear
- Spoke material: Full carbon fibre
- Maximum load weight (rider and bike): 100kg
- Hubs: Lightweight / DT Swiss 190s
- Axle system: 100mm front wheel / 130mm rear wheel
- Rim profile: Clincher
- Compatibility: Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed, Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed
PRODUCT REF: 869076
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more