Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith Clincher Wheelset
One of the legendary French wheel manufacturer's most popular high-performance offerings, the Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith Clincher Wheelset has been upgraded to a wider 17mm internal rim width and an improved ISM 4D rim construction.
Mavic's Maxtal alloy is the construction material of choice for the 24mm deep front and 26mm deep rear rims. This lightweight and resilient material dampens road vibrations while also maintaining a strong form that allows you to put all your power down through the pedals, making these wheels perfect for climbing.
Ensuring superior braking performance on both wheels, the Exalith 2 braking surface shortens braking distances by up to 18% in wet conditions. The braking track also penetrates the alloy to delay rim wear and maintain the distinctive anthracite colour for thousands of kilometres.
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, the ISM 4D rim not only significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability, it also improves aerodynamics due to its new shape.
The 17mm rim width also helps to increase the air capacity of the tyres, which has several advantages. Firstly, it creates a more comfortable riding experience by smoothing out road vibrations and impact without sacrificing feel. Secondly, it improves rolling efficiency and traction, especially when cornering, by distributing the contact area of the tyre over a wider surface area.
The lightweight theme continues with the FTS-L freehub. This fast engaging hub is built with an alloy body, aluminium flanges and sealed cartridge bearings for a superior level of rolling speed.
Zicral spokes ensure light and stiff rolling and the maintenance of a true wheel profile even in the most adverse of conditions.
A great set of wheels would be nothing without a pair of sterling tyres. Mavic's Pro GripLink and PowerLink tyres complement each other to provide a top-end level of performance. GripLink technology on the front allows for the optimal degree of control and responsiveness. PowerLink on the rear fully liberates the wheel's ability to transfer power and generate speed.
- Two pairs of Exalith brake pads
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- BR601 quick releases
- User guide
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher 25mm (front) and PowerLink Clincher 25mm (rear) Tyres
- Two Mavic Butyl inner tubes, 48mm, Presta valve
- Tyre casing: 127 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single compound
- Tyres: Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) & PowerLink Clincher (rear)
- Tyre weight: 270 grams
- Dimension: 35-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Maximum pressure: 7.7 bars / 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver bodies (available separately)
- Rim weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Depth: 24mm front, 26mm rear
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Rim material: Maxtal alloy
- Rim joint: SUP
- Tyre: Clincher
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Internal rim width: 17mm
- Spoke material: Zicral
- Spoke count: 18 front, 20 rear
- Nipples: Aluminum
- Spoke lacing: Front radial, rear Isopulse
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed, front double butted
- Freewheel: FTS-L Steel
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Front and rear bodies: Carbon with alloy flanges front, aluminium rear
- Weight: Pair - 1475 grams, front - 630 grams, rear - 845 grams
PRODUCT REF: 677426
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more