Northwave Flash Arctic GTX Winter Road Shoes
Riding in extreme conditions takes tough and well-targetted kit. For the rider facing winter temperatures regularly below zero, investing in shoes capable of standing up to the frost is near essential if you're going to get the miles in. On that score, the Northwave Flash Arctic GTX Winter Road Shoes offer up some of the most well thought out winter designs possible, and make sure that you're not just able to ride comfortably through the cold, but that you're eager to get out and do so.
Keeping out the elements by means of an internal water and windproof Gore-Tex Koala membrane this shoe works to keep your feet entirely insulated, warm, and dry, even at temperatures as low as -10°C. An extra thermal coating over the toe and with an Arctic GTX footbed making use of a four-layer aluminium and fleece composition, this sole loses minimal heat over the course of your deep winter ride. A Climaflex collar offering better heel coverage from an extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler membrane, this shoe gives exceptional coverage and protection throughout.
Comfort guaranteed not just by the highly protective properties of this shoe, an ultra snug BioMap Aero overlap construction ensures that this shoe retains a relatively low profile for a shoe targeting winter riding. An SLW2 dial providing a single step-by-step tightening and full release in a single button, giving you an incredible level of control over the tightness of your shoes. With an integrated heel system ensuring a close and closed cupping of your heel, you can be sure not to suffer from heel slips on the road.
Finally, far more than just a winter shoe, the Northwave Flash Arctic GTX Winter Road Shoes, you can be sure to benefit from an incredibly strong and responsive transfer of power from an NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole with a high-rated 8.0 stiffness. Compatible with three bolt cleats and finished with a highly reflective and visible external layer, this shoe is supremely well made for riding in murky wintry conditions. Strong and long-lasting, this shoe offers a fantastic degree of strength and reliability for the rider heading out and braving the worst of winter.
- NRG Air Carbon Reinforced sole with a stiffness index of 8.0
- Water and windproof Gore-Tex® Koala membrane keeps your feet perfectly insulated and warm even at -10°C
- Ultra-snug fitting upper with BioMap Aero Overlap construction reduces aerodynamic drag
- Extra thermal coating strategically placed on the toe
- TPU reinforcement on tip
- SLW2 dial: the only one with step-by-step and full release in a single button
- Climaflex collar made of extremely elastic Gore-Tex Rattler® membrane
- Highly insulating Neoprene delivers unprecedented mobility and protection
- Integrated heel system ensures efficient heel retention
- Arctic GTX footbed with a four-layer aluminium and fleece construction reduces heatloss
- Reflective inserts for enhanced visibility
- Compatible with three bolt cleat and two bolt SPD mountain bike style cleats
PRODUCT REF: 756551
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more