Orca Alpha Wetsuit
The Orca Alpha Wetsuit is a revolution in free movement, and perhaps the most flexible wetsuit currently available. Ideal for triathletes with strong open water swimming technique who can make the most of the unrestrictive nature of the garment.
0.88 Free technology has been developed with Yamamoto exclusively for Orca, resulting in an incredibly stretchable and ultra-thin material. Used on the arms and back of the wetsuit, the 0.5mm thick fabric is combined with a layer of titanium to provide better thermal insulation. This enables greater stroke length while providing just enough protection from cool water.
Yamamoto 44 is another fabric unique to Orca, and is perhaps the most stretchable wetsuit neoprene available. At just 1.5mm thick it can accommodate a smaller zip, providing less restriction and offering improved waterproofing.
FT1 technology is a ribbed neoprene with high elasticity, employed around the knees for maximum kick and to aid in the demanding transitions of race day.
Friction is reduced to provide the best possible hydrodynamics by the Super Composite Skin (SCS) treatment. Orca uses Nano SCS, an innovation that reduces the wetsuit's friction coefficient in the water to 0.026, compared to an industry average of 4.0.
- Ideal for naturally strong swimmers
- Most elastic wetsuit on the market with exclusive 0.88 Free technology to arms and back
- Unique Yamamoto 44 material for maximum stretchability
- FT1 lower joint technology for speed in transitions
- Super Composite Skin (SCS) panels reduce friction and improve hydrodynamics
- Shorter zip for improved mobility
- Just the right amount of buoyancy without impacting swim technique