POC Octal Helmet
With high-performance credentials, the Octal weighs less than 200 grams in both the small and medium sizes, making it the ideal option for hilly and mountainous races and sportives.
Just like their fellow Swedish company Volvo, protection is of paramount importance to POC. They have constructed the Octal with a specially designed Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) liner, which has been reinforced in the crucial areas prone to impact. This liner is covered by a polycarbonate (PC) outer shell that provides more coverage to vulnerable areas, such as the temples, and provides more coverage than rival helmet brands.
Fast against the clock but also well ventilated. POC have added numerous vents and channels to help keep you cool and a Coolbest padding system further enhances airflow and moisture control, thus reducing the temperature between the helmet and your head.
A helmet for those who like to stand out from the crowd, the Octal has gained POC many fans. The seamlessly integrated helmet straps moulded into the liner give the helmet its clean and unobtrusive profile.
Fit is addressed with a wrap-around, complete protection design. This is further enhanced with the simple yet highly effective retention system. A system that allows the rider to dial the fit to their exact personal preference.
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Small: 190 grams, Medium:195 grams, Large: 205 grams
- Part of the Raceday range
- External microshell for aerodynamic performance
- High-performance EPS liner, optimised in density
- Fully wrapping unibody shell construction
- Ultralight size adjustment system, designed with low contact area
- Straps moulded into liner
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet