Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Womens Jacket
The Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Women's Jacket is a highly technical garment that combines a multitude of features to promote warmth and freedom of movement to cold and damp outdoor activities.
Patagonia boasts that the Micro Puff Jacket offers the highest warmth-to-weight ratio they have ever created and this is realised by utilising a number of new technologies. To start, their revolutionary PlumaFill insulation uses a synthetic constitution that grants the warmth and packability of traditional down but ensures heat retention even when soggy. This insulation is then joined by an innovative quilting pattern that sees a reduced stitch count to increase loft which in turn grants extra cosiness even under the coldest of conditions.
With warmth catered for, the jacket then covers the prerequisites of wind and water resistance via an ultralight nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum outer shell. This outer material naturally repels external moisture and completely blocks the wind but it is further aided in doing so by a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment. This treatment also enhances breathability by helping to avoid material waterlogging.
The already comprehensive level of protection is then complemented by a lightweight hood that can fit comfortably under a helmet, a full front zip storm flap, zipped handwarmer pockets and warmth-sealing elasticated cuffs, all of which ensure that this jacket will be the hardiest of companions during the toughest of adventures.
- Ultralight nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® shell is water-resistant, windproof and treated with a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish
- Revolutionary lightweight PlumaFill insulation replicates the structure of down in a continuous synthetic insulation material, offering the warmth and packability of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic insulation
- Innovative quilting construction minimises stitching and maximises loft to ensure warmth
- The centre-front zipper has storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Two welted, zipped handwarmer pockets and two internal drop-in pockets; left pocket doubles as a stuff sack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Under-the-helmet hood construction is light and simple
- Elasticised cuffs and hem seal in warmth; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 227 grams / 8oz