Developed in the windtunnel as well as out on the road over the course of four years, Princeton CarbonWorks' distinctive sinusoidal rim profile varies the depth of the rim to ensure the optimum windcheating effect, while reducing weight.
Designed and produced in California, White Industries are experts when it comes to manufacturing bicycle hubs, focusing on durability, performance and weight.
Carefully considered nipple placement ensures stress levels stay more consistent across the entire rim body. This makes for a strong, stiffer and more reliable wheel.
Princeton CarbonWorks have carefully developed the rim width to optimise stability in the wind, reduce rolling resistance and improve comfort.
Princeton CarbonWorks Grit 4540 Tubeless Disc White Industries Wheelset
Combining an innovative design and the finest carbon material, the Princeton CarbonWorks Grit 4540 Tubeless Disc Brake White Industries Wheelset offers a genuinely multifaceted character enabling it to perform across any road or gravel riding scenario.
The high grade of carbon utilised within the construction of the rims naturally affords low weight and lateral stiffness for responsive climbing and instant acceleration. This carbon material is sculpted into a variable depth, sinusoidal profile that serves up a stunning aerodynamic performance and confidence-inspiring crosswind handling. The wave-like rim profile also reduces peak loads in the spoke nipple contact areas by using extra carbon plies in a specific formation to increase longevity and heighten responsiveness under power.
Reduced carbon thickness in-between the spoke holes and a hole-less tyre bed keep the weight to a minimum without affecting integrity while the broad, 21mm internal rim width mates with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres perfectly to reduce rolling resistance and increase comfort. A two-cross spoke lacing pattern dependably links the rims to the White Industries hubs that are realised via precise manufacturing to grant low frictional resistance and enhanced durability.
- A light, stiff and strong carbon disc brake wheelset for a multifaceted performance on the road or across the gravel
- High-grade carbon rims are light and laterally stiff
- Wind-tunnel tuned, multi-depth sinusoidal profile blends aerodynamic performance with crosswind stability
- The multi-depth profile grants a more concave spoke nipple contact platform to reduce pinpoint stress loads
- Increased carbon material in the spoke nipple area increases strength and responsiveness
- Sculpted sections between the spoke holes keep the weight low
- Hole-less tyre bed increases stiffness further, reduces weight and negates the need for tubeless rim tape
- Wide, 21mm internal rim width reduces the rolling resistance and increases the comfort of tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyres
- White Industries CLD hubs offer low frictional resistance, durability and a solid connection to disc brake rotors
- Two-cross lacing pattern gives even spoke tensions for reactivity and durability
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Optimised full carbon
- Rim profile: Sinusoidal, variable depth
- Rim finish: Naked satin carbon
- Rim depth: 45mm to 40mm, variable
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- External rim width: 29.9mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - two-cross
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: Front - White Industries CLD / Rear - White Industries CLD
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG (SRAM XDR freehub available separately)
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm width and above
- Manufacturer claimed rim weight: 415 grams
- Manufacturer claimed wheel weight: Front 685 grams / Rear 822 grams / Wheelset 1507 grams