Salomon Sonic 4 Accelerate Running Shoes
With a design centred around speed, the Salomon Sonic 4 Accelerate Running Shoes deliver comfort, feel and energy to help the wearer achieve PBs and podiums in their season’s target events.
Featuring a dual compound, the Optivibe midsole splits its duties between cushioning the hardest of heel strikes and delivering a rapid, energised rebound into every push-off. This midsole has ergonomically positioned grooves on the top and bottom, and these work in unison with the Geometric Coupling format of the outsole to aid the flexion of the foot, realising greater efficiency in heel-to-toe transitions. The midsole is made from blown rubber to ensure outstanding grip on any road surface.
Stability is granted by the Internal Sensifit cradle that holds the foot securely in position and links the sole to the highly breathable, lightweight mesh upper construction and lacing system. A minimalist collar reduces weight but doesn’t sacrifice the quality of the fit.
- Lightweight shoes that are designed to excel at the fastest running paces
- Optivibe midsole uses two foam compounds; one to cushion, one to give an energetic rebound
- Mirrored Decoupling in the midsole places grooves on the top and bottom, increasing flexibility
- Sensifit construction cradles the foot from the midsole to the laces, increasing stability
- Moulded EVA insole matches the contours of the foot
- Single layer mesh upper is breathable and donates a very close fit for maximum feel
- Featherlight collar is minimalist but soft and comfortable and doesn’t sacrifice fit
- Blown rubber Contagrip outsole balances durability and grip
- Geometric Decoupling format of the outsole guides the foot for efficient heel-to-toe transitions
- Anatomical fit: Standard fit
- Road biomechanical fit: Quick transition
- Sole drop: 6mm
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 223 grams, per shoe, size UK 8