Specialized 686 X Tech Insulator Jacket
The Specialized 686 X Tech Insulator Jacket may not be the most functional design for fully fledged road racing, or even social rides, but as far as keeping you warm goes when you’re out exploring in the cold, then it’s hard to beat. Using Specialized’s renowned, lightweight Primaloft® fabric construction with DWR treatment that repels water, it’s incredibly efficient at trapping air in around your body, while keeping the elements out.
Specialized understand that there’s a huge difference between a warm jacket and a warm cycling jacket, and with features such as underarm stretch panels for a full range of movement, Lycra wrist gaiters that interface with gloves to prevent cold hands and 3M® reflective trims to increase visibility in low-light conditions - it truly bridges the gap in the market.
A chest zip pocket has been incorporated to allow for safe storage of on-ride essentials, whilst an extra two zip pockets house larger items such as your phone or wallet. Rear SWAT™ (Storage, Water, Air and Tools) pocket access enhances functionality, allowing you to access your jersey or bib pockets without taking your gloves off, and a fold-out spray skirt that sits inside the jacket when not needed blocks road or trail spray from ruining the rest of your kit.
- Woven fabric with DWR treatment repels water, leaving you dry and comfortable without having to sacrifice breathability
- 100g Primaloft® insulation is ultra-lightweight, highly breathable, and quite efficient at trapping air to keep you warm and insulated from the elements
- Adjustable hood and hem provide added warmth and weather protection for your head, as well as minimising the possibility of wind entering the Insulator
- Underarm stretch panels provide flexibility in the construction, allowing a full range of movement when you're all zipped-up
- Lycra® wrist gaiters interface perfectly with gloves, which prevents any drafts or cold air from seeping in at the sleeve openings
- Internal mesh storage pocket safely and securely houses your ride essentials or nutrition
- 3M® reflective trims increase your visibility to other trail users or motorists in low-light conditions
- One chest zip pocket and two front zip pockets house your large and small ride essentials
- Fold-out spray skirt allows you to block unwanted moisture at the hands of wheel-spray when you need to, and hides it away when you don't
- Rear SWAT™ pocket access permits you to access your jersey or bib pockets easily with gloves on
- Relaxed Fit is comfortable and loose against the body, allowing for ample layering underneath
PRODUCT REF: 689981
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more