Specialized Crux E5 Sport Cyclocross Bike 2018
With a no-nonsense approach to the performance, the Specialized Crux E5 Sport Cyclocross Bike 2018 is the perfect choice if you’re looking to get your foot into the door of cyclocross or want to explore off-road. At the heart of the Crux E5 Sport is Specialized’s E5 Premium Aluminium frame, providing a stiff, lightweight and versatile base that’ll withstand anything you can throw at it. Whether it’s taking a slightly different route to work off the beaten path, or trying out your first cyclocross race, this bike can take it all.
Everything has been addressed with the Crux E5 Sport to enhance your first cyclocross race, such as ergonomic tubing that makes shouldering the bike when running a breeze and semi-compact geometry that enables predictable, responsive handling when manoeuvring through the toughest of terrain.
The FACT carbon disc fork has been incorporated to increase ride stability, with great compliance and rigidity to absorb any of the bumps and vibrations found on both the road and cyclocross courses.
A versatile mixture of Shimano 105 gearing, Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes and Praxis components provides a great range of terrain-conquering features. A Shimano 105 drivetrain eliminates any chain slipping when in rough conditions and its wide range of gearing enhances the versatility on the course, road or meandering around your local park.
The Shimano BR-785 hydraulic disc brakes are proven in wet-weather, enabling ample levels of stopping power, no matter what the conditions, whilst a Praxis OSBB bottom bracket is strong and stiff enough to reduce any power transfer deficiencies.
Using Specialized Axis Elite Disc, complemented by Specialized Tracer Sport 700x33mm tyres, allows for absorption of bumps and vibrations throughout your ride. The Tracer Sport tyres offer grip where you once thought there was none, and increases puncture resistance.
The frame was constructed from Specialized’s E5 Premium Aluminium in order to provide a stiff, lightweight, and responsive frame that's purpose-built to withstand the rigorous demands of cyclocross. You'll find that the tubing is also formed to make shouldering the bike a breeze, while the semi-compact geometry creates predictable handling and explosive accelerations in the absolute worst of conditions
The FACT carbon disc fork was designed to increase steering response and rider input for the tight turns and all-out efforts demanded in CX
The Tracer Sport tyres have a fast tread for all-around cyclocross riding and racing. This tread covers all courses, with centre knobs to provide ample traction and siped shoulder knobs that adapt to hard and loose ground. It's also lightweight, making it easy to accelerate
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized E5 Premium Aluminium, 142mm thru-axle, fully manipulated tubing, semi-compact race design, shaped top tube, 1-3/8" lower bearing, internal cable routing, integrated headset, OSBB
- FORK: Specialized CruX carbon disc, thru-axle
- STEM: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop, 70mm short-reach
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-785, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/fins
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS505, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano ST-RS505, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CHAIN: KMC X11, 11-speed w/reusable MissingLink
- CRANKSET: Praxis Alba 2D 46/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Praxis OSBB
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Axis Elite Disc, QR
- REAR WHEEL: Axis Elite Disc, QR
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Tracer Sport, 700x33mm, 60TPI, wire bead
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Tracer Sport, 700x33mm, 60TPI, wire bead
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Alloy, 12.5mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 27.2mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 648581
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more