Specialized Hotwalk Kids Balance Bike
The easiest way for the little one to learn the balance and skills required to ride on their own someday is on a balance bike and the Specialized Hotwalk Kids bike is ideal. When choosing a kids bike there are a number of variables to consider. From a size point of view, kid's bike sizing is based on wheel size. You want your child to be in control and be able to enjoy the bike to its full potential, so a correctly sized bike is a must.
It is easy to think the child will grow into the bike but a bike too big will be dangerous, difficult to handle and less enjoyable to ride. What type of bike is the next decision. For youngsters, up to the age of 4 years old, starting out in the exciting world of cycling, a balance bike is a nice choice. This enables the child to gain confidence and improve their balance and coordination before mastering the art of pedalling.
- A1 Premium aluminium walking bike with 12" wheels and foot platforms is low and light enough for toddlers to scoot around without mum and dad's help
- Alloy blade fork helps keep the weight down
- Specialized Rhythm Lite Sport tyres will take a kid from the driveway to the dirt confidently
- Alloy flat bar with gentle up and back sweep keeps kids in a comfortable and confident position
- Adjustable bar height lends versatility as your child grows and gets ready for a 12-inch coaster
- Lightweight alloy rims are tough enough for any curb-hopping adventure
- Soft Kraton grips are easy for little hands to hold tight
Hotwalk with step-through frame is designed for girls, and the Hotwalk with top tube frame is designed for boys.
Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, 12 inch walking bike, formed tubes, horizontal dropouts
- FORK: Hi-Ten steel, 1 inch threaded steerer, 3/8 inch axle dropouts
- HEADSET: 1 inch threaded, loose ball, with lock nut
- STEM: Quill, alloy, 22.2 x 125mm
- HANDLEBAR: Kid's flat, steel, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 22.2mm
- GRIPS: Specialized Kids, Kraton with flange, closed end
- RIMS: 12 inch, alloy single wall, pin joint, 16h
- FRONT HUB: Steel, bolt-on 95mm, loose ball bearings, 16h
- REAR HUB: Steel, 3/8 inch axle, 16h
- SPOKES: Stainless, 14 grams, with brass nipples
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Rhythm Lite, 30TPI, wire bead, 12x2.0 inch
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Rhythm Lite, 30TPI, wire bead, 12x2.0 inch
- INNER TUBES: Standard, Schrader valve
- SADDLE: Specialized Kids
- SEATPOST: 22.2mm integrated steel
- SEAT BINDER: Forged alloy, single bolt, 31.8mm
PRODUCT REF: 68518
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more