Thomson Carbon Road Handlebar
The Thomson Carbon Road Handlebar blends low weight, high levels of strength and comfort to be a perfect choice to complete any top-end road bike.
The full-carbon composition uses three different kinds of Toray material to finely tune the quantities of torsional stiffness and vertical compliance in specific areas of the bar. This advanced layup schedule affords heightened steering responsiveness, reactive out-of-the-saddle accelerations and sublime comfort across broken road surfaces while keeping the weight to a minimum. Strength is infused into the handlebar via its refined manufacturing process that reduces weak points caused by voids and wrinkles in the carbon.
A steady, progressive shape to the drops gives comfort to any size of hands, while the top sections have recesses underneath to provide a neat solution to tucking and taping gear and brake housing out of the way. The tops also have a subtle oval profile to help relax the rider's grip and reduce fatigue when on long and steady climbs.
- A strong, light and comfortable carbon handlebar suitable for all road bike builds
- Three tyres of Toray carbon fibre are combined with Nano epoxy to grant stiffness and flex precisely where its required and high impact resistance
- True one-piece construction is made over an EPS mandrill, as opposed to a bladder to minimise internal wrinkles and weak spots
- 1.5K woven impact ends help prevent damage to unidirectional fibres from impact
- Progressive drop bar curve and subtle wing profile to the tops gives multiple hand hold options for comfort and control within any scenario
- Flatter shaping on the bottom of the top section allows neat brake and gear hosing installation
- 78.5mm reach
- 137mm drop (40cm), 140mm drop (42cm), 140mm drop (44cm), 143mm (46cm)
- 31.8mm clamping diameter
- Widths are measured centre to centre at the hoods clamping section
- Claimed manufacturers weight: 199 grams (40cm), 198 grams (42cm), 204 grams (44cm), 209 grams (46cm)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.