Thomson Elite Downhill Handlebar
The Thomson Elite Downhill Handlebar uses the highest quality of aluminium and is manufactured via advanced methods to afford performance and reliability within the harsh world of downhill mountain biking.
7075 aluminium makes up the composition of this handlebar and makes use of a butted and tapered construction to grant tremendous levels of strength and optimal fatigue life. The hydraulic press forming manufacturing process is used to precisely manipulate the wall thicknesses for heightened resilience and lower weight.
A 65mm long clamping interface mates perfectly with Thomson direct mount stems to give vast amounts of torsional stiffness while the 31.8mm diameter centre section extends for 90mm to reduce any peak stresses around the clamping zone. Thickened bar ends complete the specifications by helping to prevent structural damage in the event of crashes.
- A super-strong handlebar with comfortable ergonomics specifically for downhill mountain biking
- 7050 aluminium butted and tapered construction affords strength and optimal fatigue life
- Manufactured using hydraulic press forming to ensure exact wall thicknesses, low weight and heightened resilience
- 65mm wide clamping area mates perfectly with Thomson direct mount stems to offer tremendously high torsional stiffness
- 31.8mm diameter centre section continues for a length of 90mm to reduce stress concentrations when using direct mount stems
- Thickened handlebar ends prevent damage from crashes
- 800mm width, 20mm rise, 9-degree backsweep, 5-degree upsweep
- Claimed manufacturer's weight: 325 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.