Trek Emonda ALR 4 Road Bike 2019
Whether you're new to the sport or looking for a bike that offers top technology at a great price point, the Trek Emonda ALR 4 Road Bike is one worth serious consideration.
Constructed from Trek's 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, this is one of the best alloy options out there and is incredibly strong, balancing weight and stiffness perfectly. Invisible weld technology improves the connection at tube junctions to further increase strength without the need for additional material, while also offering a seamless look. A full carbon fork enhances the ride feel, and the tapered head tube makes for accurate and responsive steering.
The H2 fit is the choice of many riders, including professionals, and is slightly more relaxed than the H1, yet still performance-oriented.
Shimano's Tiagra 10-speed groupset is extremely dependable, offering smooth shifting and modulated, powerful braking. The compact chainset is combined with a wide-ranging 11-28 cassette so you can make light work of climbs while having the range to take fast descents at full speed.
Strong Bontrager Affinity rims and alloy hubs make the wheels reliable and robust and, fitted with R1 Hard-Case Lite clincher tyres in a 25mm width, rolling is fast yet comfortable.
A Blendr-compatible stem keeps things looking clean up front, and you can directly attach accessories such as a light and bike computer.
The Emonda ALR 4 may well be an entry-level model. However, it's aesthetics and ride quality match that of many higher-end carbon models. This bike gives you room to grow as a rider, and, with the construction and components ready for training and racing, there's no need to make compromises.
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology and shaped tubes for sleek looks, low weight and incredible handling
- It climbs fast, corners on rails, and descends with confidence
- It gives you room to grow, with dependable components and lightweight performance at a great value
- It shares the geometry of Trek's highest-end carbon Émonda racing bikes, and it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes
- Internal cable routing extends the life of your cables and adds to the bike's sleek look
- FRAME: Trek Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, BB86.5, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, DuoTrap S compatible
- FORK: Trek Émonda carbon, tapered steerer, direct mount rim brakes
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8 mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Tektro T731, direct mount
- REAR BRAKE: Tektro T731, direct mount
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Tiagra, 11-28, 10-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity, tubeless-ready, alloy hub
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity, tubeless-ready, alloy hub
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- WEIGHT: 56cm - 9.09 kg / 20.04 lbs
PRODUCT REF: 903567
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more