Trek Procaliber 9.7 29" Mountain Bike 2019
The undoubted highlight of the Trek Procaliber 9.7 29" Mountain Bike is the IsoSpeed decoupler that Trek use in the carbon frame. This device allows the seat tube to move a small amount in relation to the frame, giving a huge benefit in terms of comfort when compared with regular hardtails without the weight penalty of full suspension. This also has the benefit of allowing the rider to remain seated more, meaning greater traction and less fatigue over longer trail rides, without in any way compromising its stiffness and speed over shorter race distances.
The front suspension is provided by the lightweight Rockshox Reba SL with 100mm of travel and a remote lockout switch. The SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain gives an immense range of gears, using a single 30 tooth front ring coupled with an 11-50 cassette to ensure that the right ratio is always available.
The Kovee Elite 23 carbon wheels with Boost110 and Boost148 hubs not only look fantastic, but also give a stiff platform to transmit energy into forward motion. The Boost hub spacing doesn’t only benefit the stiffness of the wheels however. The wider spacing of the hub allows more room between the seatstays, which in turn means that Trek have been able to move the rear wheel further forward under the saddle. This gives greater stiffness at the rear of the bike which translates into a shorter wheelbase, snappier ride and better handling.
- OCLV carbon frame with IsoSpeed decoupler
- RockShox Reba RL 100mm fork
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 carbon wheels with Boost hubs
- SRAM Eagle NX Drivetrain
- FRAME: OCLV Mountain Carbon, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, internal derailleur routing, balanced post mount brake, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- FORK: RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry with 51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100 mm travel
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Comp alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM NX Eagle, Type 3 roller bearing clutch
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- CRANKSET: Truvativ Stylo 6k Eagle Dub, 30T direct mount
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 carbon, tubeless ready, Boost110 front, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Kovee Elite 23 carbon, tubeless ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, tubeless ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, tubeless ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- CLAIMED WEIGHT: 17.5 inch - 10.77 kg / 23.74 lbs (with tubes)
- WEIGHT LIMIT: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
PRODUCT REF: 956483
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more