Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
In its element whenever the road points uphill the Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel blends a spritely and reactive character with state of the art materials and manufacturing techniques. Whether dancing towards peaks in the Dolomites or powering up the final climb on the Sunday group ride, the 202 Firecrest infuses enthusiasm and vigour.
The highest quality carbon fibre materials and resins are used within the rim construction, and these afford a highly responsive ride sensation and rough road resilience. This advanced carbon material is formed into a shallow, 32mm deep rim profile that reduces rotating weight for consistent climbing pace and highly reactive acceleration. Speed on the flat is catered for by the ABLC rim surface dimples. These impressions are precisely placed to regulate turbulent air particles around the rim body to result in superior aerodynamic performance.
A broad, 21mm internal rim width coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into a more voluminous cross-sectional profile that possesses a stouter road footprint. These refined characteristics decrease rolling resistance, boost comfort and enhance cornering grip.
The disc brake specific ZR1 hub encases smooth and durable bearings and has a sturdy Center Lock disc interface to provide consistent braking. This hub is linked to the rim with the renowned Sapim CX-Ray spokes in a 2-cross build that grants durability and efficiency.
- 12mm hub end caps
- QR hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A reactive and nimble wheel that excels whenever the road points uphill
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Shallow, 32mm deep rim profile cuts rotating weight to a minimum for reactive climbing and acceleration and is easy to handle on windy descents
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rims surface to improve aerodynamics
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is designed to be aerodynamically superior with 28mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible and has super smooth bearings with durable seals
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 32mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-Cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 28mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 100psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 719 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.