202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
Amalgamating the finest carbon materials with a spritely and eager character the 202 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel revels any uphill challenge. From winching up the most severe mountain passes to chasing an elusive local KOM, the 202 Firecrest always infuses a rider with increased energy and zeal.
The rim construction comprises a blend of sophisticated carbon materials and resins to promote generous amounts of lateral stiffness and robustness. This advanced carbon composition is arranged into a shallow rim depth that facilitates high climbing pace and reactive acceleration thanks to a low rotating weight. ABLC dimples are placed across the rim’s surface, and these improve aerodynamic performance to help save the rider energy before the climbing commences.
A broad, 21mm internal rim width forces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres to sit with cross-sectional profiles that sport higher air volumes and shorter but fatter road contact patches. These refined tyre traits culminate in diminished rolling resistance, escalated vertical compliance and maximised cornering grip.
Smooth and durable bearings are held within the disc brake specific ZR1 hub. This hub features a Center Lock disc interface for a reliable braking performance and a 66 point engagement freehub mechanism for a nearly instant reaction to power input. The build is linked together via the esteemed Sapim CX-Ray spokes that are arranged in an efficient and evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- QR hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A reactive and nimble wheel that excels whenever the road points uphill
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Shallow, 32mm deep rim profile cuts rotating weight to a minimum for reactive climbing and acceleration and is easy to handle on windy descents
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surface's to improve aerodynamics
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is designed to be aerodynamically superior with 28mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible, has super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 32mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-Cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 28mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 100psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 839 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.