Zipp 404 Carbon Clincher Disc Brake Thru-Axle Rear Wheel
The Zipp 404 Carbon Clincher Disc Brake Thru-Axle Rear Wheel has been designed to be one of the most high-performing, comfortable and efficient disc brake rear wheels on the market, utilising Zipp’s immense research and development to deliver a wheel that doesn’t falter when the weather takes a turn.
A 58mm rim depth profile gives immense aerodynamic prowess, alongside superior strength, too. This rim, with its Firecrest technology, is renowned for ensuring you cut through the air with the efficiency you constantly yearn for, keeping you fresher for long distances and has been proven in tests to be one of the fastest front wheels on the market.
404’s Firecrest technology has also been proven to maintain a near-constant width all the way to the spoke bed, ensuring airflow is effectively controlled around every aspect of the wheel. Because of this, you get stable, predictable handling at every wind angle to keep your cornering precise and fast, and means you can attack those long, fast and sometimes technical descents with greater confidence than ever before.
Wider tyre choices are another brilliant aspect of the 404’s, giving you the option to fit up to 30mm tyres. Fancy the Strada Bianche or another gravel grinding, harsh-road epic? This wheel can do it in both styles and ensure you’re comfortable on every stage.
Zipp’s quick engaging 177D rear hub ensures you’re constantly spinning as and when you need to. On those long descents that suddenly head into harsh gradients, you’ll be able to engage faster than on other standard hubs, whilst if you want to switch over to quick release, it’s easier than ever thanks to a new tool-less system.
- 2 x Zipp thru-axle end caps
- 1 x Zipp Tangente quick releases
- 1 x Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm
- 1 x Zipp core valve extension
- Weight: 915g
- Hub used: 177D
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Max width: 26.53mm
- Internal width: 16.25mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Ray®
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke length non-drive: 260mm
- Spoke pattern non-drive: 2 cross
- Spoke length drive: 258mm
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max tyre pressure: 8.62bars
- 11-speed compatible hub: yes
- Track Adaptable: no
- Dimpled surface: yes
- Nipples: Sapim® Aluminium Secure-lock nipples
- External nipples: yes
- Thru axle compatible: yes
- XDR driver body compatible: yes
- Compatible: Shimano/SRAM 9, 10 and 11-speed systems
- Includes: 2 x Zipp thru-axle end caps, 1 x Zipp Tangente quick releases, 1 x Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm, 1 x Zipp core valve extension