Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
Feeling just at home in road races, time trials, triathlons and mountain gran fondos, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel is a multifaceted performer suited to the rider who flirts with a whole host of riding situations.
The 58mm deep rim features a profile that has been sculpted following extensive research in the wind tunnel and within real-world riding scenarios to provide low drag and stability across a sweep of yaw angles. The ABLC dimple pattern complements the advanced rim shape by smoothing turbulent air particles across the rim’s surface to increase aerodynamic performance further. A highly developed carbon material is utilised in the rim’s construction to infuse responsiveness and strength while keeping rotating mass to a minimum.
A wider internal rim width forces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres to realise a refined cross-sectional silhouette. This optimised tyre form increases air volume and morphs the tyre-to-road impression into a stouter shape. These traits subsequently combine to afford lower rolling resistance, improved comfort and enhanced cornering grip.
The ZR1 hub offers smooth and sealed bearings and a Center Lock disc interface, and these provide long-lasting rotation and a secure braking sensation respectively. The build is finished by the reliable Sapim CX-Sprint spokes that are configured in a 2-cross lacing pattern to award durability and efficiency.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines a multitude of traits to offer a versatile performance within any riding situation
- The full carbon rim is realised from high-grade materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and strength
- 58mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible, has super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke counts: 24
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 981 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.