Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Clincher Tubeless Centre Lock Disc Rear Wheel
The NSW lineup represents the very pinnacle of Zipp's range - a tag reserved only for the most technologically advanced wheels in their arsenal. Designed in Zipp's advanced development lab, The Nest, and handbuilt in their Indianapolis factory, Zipp's NSW wheels are some of the most desired and revered in world cycling. This 404 NSW Carbon Clincher is a fantastic option for the rider looking to take advantage of any competitive edge available - it's tubeless ready, and compatible only with centre-lock disc brakes, so you can benefit from effective braking power as well as lower rolling resistance.
The headline-grabbing feature of these wheels is undoubtedly the deep-section carbon rim - fully 58mm deep, these rims are the perfect weapon for slicing through the wind during flatter time trials or triathlons. That rim also incorporates Zipp's ABLC SawTooth™ Dimple pattern - an innovative rim texture that serves to minimise vortexes caused by the wheels aerodynamic drag. This, in turn, helps to improve the wheel's performance in crosswinds, lending the handling a planted and controlled feel that lends confidence.
The Axial Clutch technology featured in the hub has also been optimised for speed. While in traditional freehubs, the ratchet mechanism acts as a drum brake that slows down the rider when freewheeling, in this case, freewheeling causes the ratchet to disengage - helping to reduce friction and maintain speed. This lends the wheel a smooth and frictionless ride that maintains speed and momentum better than any other wheel on the road.
Included: 1 x Zipp Tangente Quick Release Skewer, 1 x Zipp individual wheel bag, 1 x Zipp Tubeless valve – factory installed, 1 x Tubeless rim tape – factory installed, 1 x Valve core removal tool, 1 x Zipp Cognition thru-axle caps to fit 12x100, 15x100 and 12x142 dropouts, 1 x Freehub body spacer – 11 to 10 speed. Please note that the disc rotor is not included.
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Tyre compatibility: Clincher, tubeless-ready
- Brake compatibility: Disc-specific (Centre-lock)
- Axial Clutch™ technology
- ImPress™ Graphics
- ABLC SawTooth™ Dimple pattern
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- External rim width: 26.4mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Ray® J-Bend, 2-cross spoke pattern
- Spoke count: 24
- Hubs: Cognition Disc, rear
- Disc standard: Centre-lock
- Axle: Quick-release/thru-axle convertible
- Weight: 840 grams
- Speed: 11/10-speed compatibility
- Included: 1 x Zipp Tangente Quick Release Skewer, 1 x Zipp individual wheel bag, 1 x Zipp Tubeless valve – factory installed, 1 x Tubeless rim tape – factory installed, 1 x Valve core removal tool, 1 x Zipp Cognition thru-axle caps to fit 12x100, 15x100 and 12x142 dropouts, 1 x Freehub body spacer – 11 to 10 speed
- Please note that the disc rotor is not included
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.