Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel possesses an intricate blend of speed inspired traits and highly developed materials for imposing performance within any fast-paced riding scenario. When surging across heavily undulating race courses, holding the pace in the weekend group ride or battling the clock in a time trial, the 404 NSW helps any rider to reach their maximum potential.
The use of sophisticated carbon materials and resins within the rim structure awards a low weight and heightened lateral stiffness. This advanced material is sculpted into a 58mm deep rim profile was conceived via meticulous wind tunnel verification, CFD simulations and real-world riding with the sole purpose of unadulterated velocity and crosswind stability. This pioneering rim profile is complemented by a wider profile and a dimpled surface to smooth the rim-to-tyre interface and settle the airflow respectively.
The internal width of the rim has a broad format, and this forces the tyre to sit with an improved cross-sectional profile. This refined tyre silhouette naturally donates lower rolling resistance, increased comfort and enhanced cornering grip. The internal structure is also compatible with tubeless-ready tyres or standard clinchers granting ride personalisation via a vast array of options.
The Cognition hub features a disc brake specific flange arrangement to allow improved spoke tensions, a solid Center Lock interface and sealed cartridge bearings that are smooth and durable. The renowned Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build with a stiff and robust 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel across heavily rolling terrain, Triathlons, TTs and any other fast-paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm rim depth offers performance within any ride that has a requirement of raw and relentless speed
- A rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock interface, super smooth bearings and a superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 790 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.