Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
Conceived via a comprehensive amalgamation of advanced design traits and superior materials, the Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel infuses speed and efficiency into any ride that is fast-paced by nature. Whether battling the clock in time trials or triathlons, punching through heavily undulating topography or surging through the flamme rouge towards the finish line the 404 NSW delivers with precision and proficiency.
A sophisticated blend of carbon materials and resins are utilised within the rim structure with this conglomeration resulting in low weight and heightened lateral rigidity. This carbon composition is formed into a profile that has been meticulously sculpted via countless hours of wind tunnel testing, CFD simulations and professional rider feedback. The rim features a broader external width with this increased stance helping to smooth the airflow at the rim-to-tyre junction. At the same time, the dimpled pattern that is applied to the rim surface further supplements aero performance by lowering air turbulence around and away from the rim and tyre silhouette.
A wide internal rim width allows any tyre to form an improved cross-sectional profile and this contributes lower rolling resistance, increased comfort and improved cornering grip. The rim format is compatible with both tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyres so allows the rider to fine-tune their ride from an extensive choice of options.
The Cognition hub promotes a solid Center Lock interface and has been designed specifically for disc brakes via an improved flange configuration that affords more even spoke tensions. Sapim CX-Ray spokes and their 2-cross lacing pattern thoroughly complete the spec sheet by granting stiffness and resilience.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel across heavily rolling terrain, Triathlons, TT’s and any other fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio 58mm rim depth offers performance within any ride that has a requirement of raw and relentless speed
- A rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre set ups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock disc interface, super smooth bearings, a disengaging ratchet mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling and a superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim Profile: Symmetrical
- Rim Finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim Depth: 58mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Lacing Pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke Count: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub Compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake Compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Rear Axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 23mm and above
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 125psi
- Maximum Recommended Rider Weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 900 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.