Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
Melding the brand’s extensive aerodynamic concepts with intricate materials, the Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel provides performance within a wide variety of riding scenarios. Whether powering to the front of the Sunday group ride, hammering across windswept plains or surging up sharp ascents, the 454 NSW delivers with accuracy and poise.
An advanced carbon composition forms the rim structure, and this bestows a high lateral stiffness to weight ratio. This carbon material is formed into the innovatory Sawtooth rim silhouette that utilises a series of Hyperfoil undulations along its inner circumference. This groundbreaking configuration partners seamlessly with a bulbous cross-sectional rim profile and HexFin ABLC surface dimpling to grant tremendously reduced drag numbers and markedly increased crosswind stability.
The broad internal rim width spreads the tyre beads further apart to grant increased sidewall support. This superior tyre integration lowers rolling resistance, increases comfort and improves cornering grip across all manner of road surfaces. The internal rim format also supplies scope for ride fine-tuning via compatibility with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres.
Composed braking, even in wet conditions, is supplied by the scalloped, Showstopper brake surface. At the same time, the Cognition hub spins smoothly and awards decreased friction when freewheeling thanks to its integrated Axial Clutch mechanism. To complete the build, the renowned Sapim CX-Ray spokes link everything together via a sturdy and reliable 2-cross lacing pattern.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A multifaceted rear wheel that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Undulating 53/58mm rim depth provides the foundations for versatile performance within any ride
- A Sawtooth rim profile features nature inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- The Cognition hub has super smooth bearings and an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Rear: 968 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.