Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel
Featuring the most refined of aerodynamic traits and advanced materials, the Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Rear Wheel elicits an industry-leading performance when competing solo against the clock in time trials or triathlon events.
A sophisticated carbon lay up bestows high lateral stiffness, robustness and low weight into the rim structure. This state of the art composite material is moulded into an undulating, Sawtooth rim profile that features a series of Hyperfoil nodes throughout its inner circumference. This innovatory and radical-looking silhouette promises the lowest possible drag with optimum amounts of stability across a huge scope of yaw angles. The HexFin ABLC surface dimples and ridges complement this by reducing air turbulence across the rim's surface to further enhance aero prowess even during crosswinds.
A wider internal rim format is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres and forces these to take an improved cross-sectional profile by spreading their beads further apart. This refined tyre outline results in lowered rolling resistance, decreased drag numbers, improved comfort and maximised cornering grip.
The Cognition disc brake specific hub encases super smooth, sealed bearings for long-lasting performance. The Axial Clutch freehub disengages when coasting to save energy before the Centre Lock disc brake rotor attachment is reassuringly stable. Sapim CX-Ray spokes comprehensively complete the build via an evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A rear wheel that has been created purely for the fastest possible performance against the clock
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- The undulating 77/82mm deep, Sawtooth rim profile features nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition DB hub has a Center Lock disc interface, super smooth bearings and a disengaging Axial Clutch mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 77/82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 935 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.