Zipp Super-9 Carbon Disc Brake Tubeless Disc Rear Wheel
The Zipp Super-9 Carbon Disc Brake Tubeless Disc Rear Wheel blends the brand’s extensive aerodynamic research with premium materials and disc brake compatibility to offer optimum performance when competing against the second hand. From regional triathlons through to international standard time trials, the Super-9 helps any rider to achieve their loftiest goals.
The finest quality of carbon is used in the construction, and this affords high lateral stiffness, strength and low weight. The full disc profile offers the maximum amount of aerodynamic efficiency possible during high speed riding as it calms the turbulent air encountered at the rear of the bike. The ABLC surface dimple pattern works by attaching a slippery boundary layer of air to the sides of the disc, and this lowers drag further across a full sweep of yaw angles.
A broad rim width coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into a superior cross-sectional profile that grants a higher air volume and a stouter road contact patch. These refined tyre characteristics, in turn, reduce rolling resistance, heighten comfort levels and increase cornering traction.
The disc brake specific ZR1 hub encases smooth and durable bearings and features a Center Lock disc interface to promote a dependable and accurate braking sensation whatever the weather conditions.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- The most aerodynamic option for fast time trial and triathlon riding with a disc brake format
- The full carbon disc construction is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and strength
- The full disc profile smooths the turbulent air at the rear of the bike for maximised aerodynamic efficiency
- ABLC dimples regulate the airflow across the rim surface's to improve aerodynamics and stability
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 Disc Brake hub is Center Lock compatible for reliable braking, has super smooth bearings and durable seals
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Disc construction: Full carbon with ABLC surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: Full disc
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: NA - full disc construction
- Hub: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tire pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime